Newbie Needs Help!

ydw220

Hi all,

I am a newbie but I have been reading your forum for a while, since I got my Lexus about 1 month ago. I am still waiting on the dealer to send the 1993 owner's manual since I don't have one. Right now though I need to know:

What is the switch for in the middle console that says ECT Power on and off?

When I turn on the AC or heat and it blows out, it smells like dogs.

I cannot figure out how to change the front blinker on the driver's side.

My Nak BLEW OUT, nothing works...seems like I am having a hard time finding a replacement...

Any help is appreciated...sorry if any of these questions have already been answered! I am in class right now and I have looked through several pages and can't find anything.

Thanks!

ECT Electronic controlled Transmission.The ECT switch in PWR mode allows the engine to reach a higher rpm before shifting and will downshift more aggressively with less throttle required. That said, if you use a light throttle you will NOT have a significant decrease in fuel economy, less than 5%. Highway cruising without downshifting would have 0% change in economy. Hope someone can help you with the rest. Change the air and ac filters.. will help. Also load up the car with fabric softner sheets. They obsorbe odor and keep the car smelling nice.

Fabric softener?

It smells because you have mold build up .

Get a can of bateria/mould anti bacterial spray from a auto store .It goes into the vent duct on the passanger side of the windsheild.

You may also need to replace the cabin filter also as it may be moulded up also.

Get a new stereo put in for a couple hundred.

The deck needs to be replaced. I believe there is some brackets out there for a standard deck to fit in place of the LS deck. Get a new deck and bracket for less then $150 bucks.

For the blinker light I do not know. I changed the yellow bumper lights to clear and it looks great!

I am not sure if there is a filter above the glove compartment in the 90-94? Having a nasty smell stinks. :)

http://www.envirofixinc.com

This is a new type of service a lot of dealerships in my area are using. In fact, they're using this company. I know this for a fact as I have seen and reviewed the contracts...can't tell you any more than that for legal reasons pertaining to my job. They use some state of the art lighting technique that zaps out everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that lives in the a/c system from start to finish. I think this is a pretty new technology that is catching on quickly. I know my guy charges around $70 a car. I haven't done it yet simply because I'm spending my money on parts at the moment, and winter is coming which will help the smell go away...for a while.