Shock Replacement

bicol-ini

hello, ive got a 96 repair manual, but am doing a 98 LS400 repair for a friend, looking for a pdf for the front and rear shock replacement and the steering rack repalcement pdf, am not sure if there is a difference, just trying to compare, before i started the work, thanks for any info /help :cheers:

hello, ive got a 96 repair manual, but am doing a 98 LS400 repair for a friend, looking for a pdf for the front and rear shock replacement and the steering rack repalcement pdf, am not sure if there is a difference, just trying to compare, before i started the work, thanks for any info /help :cheers:

Hope this helps ;)

LS400_SHOCKS.pdf

LS400_SHOCKS_REAR.pdf

power_steering.pdf

power_steering_specs.pdf

i agree with you when i did my 96 for the rear i didnt remove the drive shaft and the package shelf, its probably the same for the 98, am gonna do this over the weekend, i think dealers wants something like 1000 bucks give or take for front and rear struts replcement not counting on what they found out more, like the bumpers and rubber protection on the aoutside :cheers:

• 5 months later...
hi did it today replaced my friends 98 LS front and rear struts plus bumper and insulator parts for front and rear 500 bucks total cost,

stealer wants 1000 bucks

The last time I was putting my spare on I notcied the insulator looked really beat up. I'm going to change my struts soon, are the insulators worth replacing "while I'm in there?"

:cheers:

blake:

are the insulators worth replacing "while I'm in there?"

Yes..................They're cheap & easy to replace.

The springs are the biggest hassle. (To eliminate joint ache, take three aspirin BEFORE commencing work.........Yes, I'm being serious.)