Navigation

ImranS

Does anyone know where I can purchase a navigation unit other than from the dealer?

And do I need the Mark Levinson amp and cd changer for it to run or I can just use the navigation head unit only?

The only way to add navigation is through an aftermarket unit. The OEM version requires new cables and amplifier... CD changer optional.

The aftermarket choices are fixed or portable. Alpine, Eclipse, Kenwood and Pioneer all make a fixed mount unit that goes in the dash. Otherwise you can pick up a portable unit that mounts to the windshield.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a navigation unit other than from the dealer?

And do I need the Mark Levinson amp and cd changer for it to run or I can just use the navigation head unit only?

The only way to add navigation is through an aftermarket unit. The OEM version requires new cables and amplifier... CD changer optional.

The aftermarket choices are fixed or portable. Alpine, Eclipse, Kenwood and Pioneer all make a fixed mount unit that goes in the dash. Otherwise you can pick up a portable unit that mounts to the windshield.

You could put a 04 nav in, And the rear camera. You can watch movies while driving. The 05 nav doesn't even play movies at all, So the 04 has the most to offer seen as LEXUS went backwards with the 05 nav. Interested? I also have 05 nav if that is what you want.

• 5 months later...

ok well i'm still looking for a navigation unit and the eclipse avn5435 has caught my eye. can the lexus factory face plate that houses the oem navigation unit fit that, it is a 6.5 inch unit, and lastly what happens to my steering wheel audio controls? Do i just lose those? That would be pretty retarded if I added navigation and had buttons on the steering wheel that didn't work :blink:

Anybody have any insight into this?

You could put a 04 nav in, And the rear camera. You can watch movies while driving. The 05 nav doesn't even play movies at all, So the 04 has the most to offer seen as LEXUS went backwards with the 05 nav. Interested? I also have 05 nav if that is what you want.

Unless I'm mistaken the 04 and 05 nav systems are identical and you can't watch movies on either.