Non-lighted Speedometer Needle

Doucett

Help....I have a 1995 ES300 Lexus with it's miles-per-hour needle in the dashboard, which should be lighted, but the needle light went out.

Lexus car dealership wants $800 to buy the parts, plus labor.

Has anyone had this problem, and been able to fix the unlighted needle at a reasonable cost?

I was thinking that if I could remove plastic cover over indicators without disassembling the whole dashbord, I could just paint the end of the needle with white nail polish. This would easily mark the end point of the needle in reference to mile-per-hour marks. The background lighting for the indicator marks are light, so it would stand out as to speed going.

Thank you for your help!!

Help....I have a 1995 ES300 Lexus with it's miles-per-hour needle in the dashboard, which should be lighted, but the needle light went out.

Has anyone had this problem, and been able to fix the unlighted needle at a reasonable cost?

I was thinking that if I could remove plastic cover over indicators without disassembling the whole dashbord, I could just paint the end of the needle with white nail polish. This would easily mark the end point of the needle in reference to mile-per-hour marks. The background lighting for the indicator marks are light, so it would stand out as to speed going.

www.lextech.org

Also someone on here once e-mailed me a pdf that teaches you how to add a cold cathode tube the kind that gamers and pc modders use to light their cases, and then paint the needle with fluorescent paint and it glows. I can forward it to you if you want.

Fix_for_Lexus_Needles.pdf

This one ?