Power Loss

1 member has voted

1. 1. Power Loss

Please help!. The car a GS300 has been stood still for 2 weeks. Since then on the odd ocasion power has been lost and car has come to a stand still even though the car is still running. Normaly at low revs this has happened. The Warning light on the dash is orange and looks like a section through through the engine. The car seems to be slower than normal off the start. The warning light only apears when i have this problem. If i turn the egnition on and off this seems to sort the prob but i can see it causing problems in the future. Can any1 help???

Please help!. The car a GS300 has been stood still for 2 weeks. Since then on the odd ocasion power has been lost and car has come to a stand still even though the car is still running. Normaly at low revs this has happened. The Warning light on the dash is orange and looks like a section through through the engine. The car seems to be slower than normal off the start. The warning light only apears when i have this problem. If i turn the egnition on and off this seems to sort the prob but i can see it causing problems in the future. Can any1 help???

Hi Carl,

First of all, relax.

Second of all, this is the SC model forum not the GS model forum.

Now on to the question. I have no idea what you mean by the car coming to a standstill. If it is still driveable, take it to your nearest auto parts store and tell them that you have a check engine light and need them to read the code for you. They will ask you model and year of vehicle and grab the appropriate equipment to read your check engine light code. Even if the car is running fine, the light is on, etc. at the time, they will still be able to read the code.

Once you know what the computer says is wrong, it can give us some insight into helping you solve your problem. But I suggest taking it to a dealer or authorized mechanic to do your repairs.