Tune-up Recommendations: Sparkplugs, Etc

jtynes

Having just recently bought a '91 LS400, I'm about to get started on a tuneup and wondered if anyone in the forum had a spark plug recommendation.

And are there any feelings about better spark plug wire sets? I got the full story on oil from the pinned topic. And it seems there's a PCV that could stand replacing as well.

Thanks!

Having just recently bought a '91 LS400, I'm about to get started on a tuneup and wondered if anyone in the forum had a spark plug recommendation.

And are there any feelings about better spark plug wire sets? I got the full story on oil from the pinned topic. And it seems there's a PCV that could stand replacing as well.

Thanks!

Use the best plugs available from either NGK or Denso.....stay clear from Bosch plugs (Bosch wires are decent however). Other parts to replace for a tune up include, PCV valve, air filter, fuel filter & consider getting your throttle body cleaned. B)

:cheers:

i got the ngk iridium plugs and vitek wires but i think that the denso iridium probably would've been better, they cost a little more but after seeing the difference in the O2 sensors(ngk v. denso) the denso just seems like a better choice (just my thoughts). i also added a cap and rotor replacement but the rotors on the drivers side are hard to get because of the timing belt cover which has to be removed in order to access the screws. i agree with the TB clean but beware of the feul filter.... common problem, the bolts holding the filter may be very old and removing the filter may bend the lines which causes the need for new feul lines (very expensive). just passing knowledge passed onto me. do a search if you dont believe me

good luck :cheers:

And are there any feelings about better spark plug wire sets?

Your car won't go faster or run better if you use Iridium plugs in place of factory original Platinum plugs or use aftermarket plug wires in place of factory original wires.

I concur, do not buy Bosch plugs (platinum) I have had these fail early on several different vehicles, both american and foreign.