Unlocking The Passenger Doors With The Remote

chrisnisbet

So, when I unlock the car, one press on the button unlocks just the driver's door. To unlock the others, I need to press the button again within a second or two. If I'm too slow ('cos I forget :( ), I need to press the button twice more to get the passenger doors open. So, this often means I wind up pressing the button 3 times.

Is it possible to disable this 'press the button twice to open the passenger doors' feature so that my remote works like the rest of the remotes I've ever seen? i.e. ALL the doors open when the button on the remote is pressed.

I understand why one might want the 'press the button twice' feature, but I don't.

Any ideas?

Thanks. The car is going in next week, so I'll ask them if they can do it for me.

So, 'cbest' options. Are there a lot of them? What are they?

I know, I know, I should search the forum first, but whenever I do a search, even on topics i *know* are present, I get a 'not found' response.

Seems like I have to press my GS300's key about 30 times for the doors to unlock and stay unlocked. My car seems to be especially paranoid; it's locking its own doors pretty much all the time.

Since I am so paranoid about my wife swinging wide and side-swiping my car, I park very, very close to the wall, this means she cant get in inside the garage. I unlock all the doors with the remote, and somehow by the time I have backed out of the garage and stopped for her to get in, all the doors are locked again. Not to mention if we are out and both approaching the car, it will unlock for me, but the other doors stay locked. I press the key about 5 times or so and they seem to unlock after that.

And while we're on the subject, if I hold the unlock button all the windows and the moonroof will open, but holding the lock button simply activates the alarm. So its perfectly happy to have all its windows wide open, even after I re-lock it.

Minor annoyances I guess. But look how chatty I got on the subject.

Like I said, I can understand why one might want this option, but I do not want it.

And apparently, the 95's don't support turning this 'feature' off according to the service people (and GRAND LS4).

People like me who don't want this feature are probably why Lexus made this an option on later models.