Newbie With Concerns About Buying Ls

widowmaker03

Greetings All,

A Newbie with some questions and concerns. I am considering purchasing a 99 LS 400. The car has almost all the toys and looks great. I’m a little nervous purchasing a car with 92k miles. Seller is willing to have 90k service done on vehicle before selling it to me. I’m going to run a Carfax check and verify all services when we take vehicle in for Lexus checkup. Am I missing anything and do you have any recommendations?

I love my 95'! I bought it 18 months ago with 84k miles from the dealership. I've done quite a bit of suspension work, some needed, some not, but every dime spent, every hour spent, is all worth it on these cars. I've got 106k miles on it now, and really enjoy driving it.

Help Guys,

Buying Notes

Car is still available. Owner is going to take car to Lexus for 150 point service as mentioned on post I saw in "buying used car." The car has a little of 92K and has not had timing belt changed.

Maintenance Notes:

Owner is willing to at worst split me the cost at Lexus dealership. He was wondering if a local mechanic could do the work with Lexus parts? What do you guys think?