Kia: 10 Years/100,000 Mile Warranty

LexKid630

how does Kia get away with creating a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty on all of their cars? From what i have heard, they're NOT reliable, and built with cheep materials etc...They must be in the shop every other day.

Isn't Kia losing money? Because every time something breaks under 10yrs/100,000 miles, THEY have to pay to fix it!

Imagine if Lexus had this warranty. Would Lexus be better off with a warranty like this? They have a better reliability rating anyway.

The ONLY reason i would EVER buy a Kia is for this warranty (but i would never buy a kia LOL). Maybe that's the only reason Kia's actually sell at all?

just wondering what everyone else thought about this.

Kia was bought out by Hyundai who also offers the same warranty. It's the only way they can attract customers.  I'm sure they're playing the odds & hope that most people won't keep the cars that long & eventually trade up into a Hyundai which is a much better built car these days.

Everyone is raving about the new Hyundai Sonata (i think its called). Supposed to be better quality?

Modern Kias and Hyundais have rather good quality actually, and while not as "Reliable" as a Toyota, "every other day" is certainly not the case.

The one think they dont tell you is the bumper to bumper warranty isn't 10 years 100k miles, thats the powertrain warranty. Not THAT much more than other manufacturers.

I rented a new Hyundai Sonata from Hertz in Scottsdale, AZ a few months ago. It was loaded with just about all the accessories offered. Well, I can vouch for the build quality and overall performance. It was an excellent vehicle in all respects.

The next time I rent a car I definitely will ask if they have one available. :)

One of my neighbors who is an avowed "car and truck guy" has two Kias in his stable of vehicles. One of them is the little Kia Sportage SUV which his wife drives as her everyday vehicle, and the other one is a small Kia sedan which he drives as his everyday vehicle (I'm not sure what the sedan model is named). They've owned both of these vehicles for a couple of years and he claims that he's never had a problem with either one of them. He obtained them as inexpensive and fuel-thrifty transportation for going back and forth to work and running errands around town. Like me, he does his own routine maintenance and they both utilize proper driving habits so these vehicles are well-maintained, much better than what I would expect the typical Kia owner does for the typical Kia vehicle out there in the real world.

Given today's skyrocketing gas prices, if you choose to own multiple vehicles for multiple purposes (I did for more than twenty years but I ceased that practice three years ago because I found it much too costly for the few benefits I received with a driveway full of vehicles), employing a Kia as your everyday vehicle might be worth investigating.