Replacing Standard Taillights With Led's?

luxury1

First, the human eye cannot distinquish between the 100 nanoseconds it takes a LED bulb to illuminate vs the tens of milliseconds for an incandescent filament.

But if you simply wish to replace your incandescent bulbs with brighter and lower wattage LED substitutes then go to superbrightleds.com for inexpensive one or ledtronics.com for more expensive "upscale" ones.

But be aware that the bulb failure diagnostic on the instrument panel will indicate a failed bulb unless you add a resister in parallel with the new LED bulbs or change the current flow sensing resistor within the ECU modules.

maybe i misinterpreted your first sentence in this post...If you're trying to say that our eyes CAN'T tell the difference in the time it takes for an LED vs. a bulb to light up, then why did you SAY that LED's light up faster?? I don't understand?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some one has already come up with the blinking brake lights, I've seen them on a couple of cars. I thought about it also and did a little research and found out that it had already been done. In stop and go commute traffic when you get used to brake lights being on that sudden stop will catch you every time. The rapid flashing with a sudden deceleration gets your attention. I think that all manufacturers should incorporate this.

Jeff

I paid more attention to brake lights coming in to work this morning.

What I noticed was not so much how quickly the incandescent brake lights came on but how quickly (slowly??) they came up to full brilliance.

Now that I can accept.

I suspect that at night the time it takes, from initial illumination to full brilliance is a lot less noticeable but in bright daylight it was quite obvious.

What I noticed was not so much how quickly the incandescent brake lights came on but how quickly (slowly??) they came up to full brilliance.

this is exactly what SW03ES and i have been saying for the past 35 posts! LED's come to full brightness much quicker than regular bulbs.