New Owner

rookie03

Just picked up a 92 es300 with 95k. Original owner, perfect shape, im really excited. Only thing wrong is the little button on the key doesnt unlock or lock the doors. Can this be replaced? Or do i have to get a new key lazer cut? Also the 6 disc changer doesnt seem to work. It makes alot of noise and then finally spits out the cd's. Anyone know what it might be? Thanks

The red blinking security light; right under it is the remote switch that turns the key on & off. Make sure that's set to ON. Otherwise the battery in the remote is dead.

Pretty cheap. $10 at Lexus & if you can get in the key you can just change the batt.

Keep in mind the key's don't have a lot of rabge. A weak battery will open the doors like 10-15' away. My new batts work maybe 40-45' in a 100% empty parking lot. About 30' if it's full.

Just picked up a 92 es300 with 95k.  Original owner, perfect shape, im really excited.  Only thing wrong is the little button on the key doesnt unlock or lock the doors.  Can this be replaced?  Or do i have to get a new key lazer cut?  Also the 6 disc changer doesnt seem to work.  It makes alot of noise and then finally spits out the cd's.  Anyone know what it might be?  Thanks

The changer sounds like it needs to be refurbed, I have a 6 disc from a 96 that will plug and play in your 92 that is in perfect condition. If Interested EM or PM me.

Theres a little screw on your key, you can buy a lithium battery for 1 dollar at lexus-parts.com, and just replace it. easy.

as for the 6 disc, invest in an ipod. greatest choice youll ever make. just get a adapter and put it in ur cassete. you can have thousands of songs right at ur lap and you wont have to go into your trunk to change them. the price of an ipod ranges from 99 dollars to around 350 dollars. the adapter costs around 10-20. its a good investment if you like music.

if you dont wanna get the batt from lexus directly, go to your local radioshack they will not only have it (most of the time) but will be more than happy to change it out for you. in terms of the Ipod thing, its good but limited and too many cords if you run it to the tape deck. i reccomend an FM transmitter you can attach to the top of it. or better yet, Sirius sattelite radio, got one on my dash, FM transmitter built in so no wires to the radio, antenna on dash under winshield works PERFECTLY without as high of a cost as an Ipod and no need to remove it and erase it and add new songs when you get tired of what you got. just a reccomendation.

One thing you might want to check, because this is what I was doing when I first started using the cd changer... you have to put the cds in upside down. If you are putting them in the tray with the label facing upward, the cd changer will just keep spitting them out. Took me a while to figure this out. Just something I thought I would mention in case you are doing what I did.

actually the ipod (going by prices of the ones I sell at my store and what I pay wholesale for them) is WAY more expensive, almsot 3 times as much. and I have a 40 gig ipod and I needed to change the music about once a month because I listen to them and grow bored of the songs and need fresh. sirius though it has a few songs that are repetative(example: CKY Familier Realm is played bout 17 times a day) its all fresh new and exactly what I want