Cd Player Console Squeaks

jackhop

hey everyone...i have a 2001 is300 and for the past 6 months or so, i have been getting squeaking noises from the cd player area, on the side bars...it seems like only when it's warm and the sun is glaring on the car, or when i hit a bump, do i hear the noise...it's a crackling sound that i somewhat know what to do about, but dont feel like paying the $160+ for it. i dont really know the best way to take the whole dashboard area apart, or even if i should...what do you all recommend? thanks.

The center head unit, dash vents, etc are fairly easy to take out. Just start by removing the tray at the top, then you can see the screws for the next part, then the next part, etc. Perhaps if you can locate the noise, you can fix it or put some foam padding or whatever it is.

The center head unit, dash vents, etc are fairly easy to take out.  Just start by removing the tray at the top, then you can see the screws for the next part, then the next part, etc.  Perhaps if you can locate the noise, you can fix it or put some foam padding or whatever it is.

hey, i appreciate the help...i might try to do it this weekend...have you ever heard of anything happening like that before in an is300?

The center head unit, dash vents, etc are fairly easy to take out.  Just start by removing the tray at the top, then you can see the screws for the next part, then the next part, etc.  Perhaps if you can locate the noise, you can fix it or put some foam padding or whatever it is.

hey, i appreciate the help...i might try to do it this weekend...have you ever heard of anything happening like that before in an is300?

I haven't had it on m 02. You might check the forums at http://my.is/

It's a total IS300 site.

In fact I think there's a tutorial there with pics on removing the entire dash. I've had the center part out and it's easy all except the very bottom part. To get that out, you have to take the center console apart, and that's not worth the trouble.