Clear Corners $ Park Lights

sha4000

post-17259-1124895256_thumb.jpghey fellas i just recieved & installed my diamond crystal park lights that i ordered from luxurymods.com for a cost of $29 and i cleared my corners by sawing the back piece of the housing off where you insert the bulb and then gluing it back on.first i tried to just break the orange piece up using needle nose pliers and wire cutters but that was just too long and tedious for me. here are a few pics

post-17259-1124895335_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124895374_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124895396_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124895420_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124895441_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124895467_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124895496_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124895256_thumb.jpghey fellas i just recieved & installed my diamond crystal park lights that i ordered from luxurymods.com for a cost of $29 and i cleared my corners by sawing the back piece of the housing off where you insert the bulb and then gluing it back on.first i tried to just break the orange piece up using needle nose pliers and wire cutters but that was just too long and tedious for me. here are a few pics

Very nice man.... got any pics of the final look?

Also, can you please tell me the size of those signle bulbs? thanks.

the bulb is w21w and thanks for the comment. here are some aftr pics plus the back of the light after i glued it back together

the bulb is w21w and thanks for the comment. here are some aftr pics plus the back of the light after i glued it back together

post-17259-1124903191_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124903431_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124903481_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124903533_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124903555_thumb.jpg

post-17259-1124903666_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got mine and put them in today as well.

OH MY Fing everything.

I found this mod to be the most labour intensive project just to loosen 2 bolts a side.

it should have taken 10 minutes max.But Toyota decided a different style and to make the nuts almost inaccessible to loosen.

The passenger side was pretty easy, but the driver side i had to remove the inner fender lining to get in there properly.

They look very nice with the rest of my cleared front end and my 5 point LED's which shine nicely.They are 194 bulbs like almost every other bulb in the car.

Like all aftermarket cleared or otherwise lenses they need to be sealed as the quality is very low and they will always leak and get moisture inside. So i took silicone and made a nice clean bead to seal them air tight. It was funny to see how much of it got in the seams as the acrylic from the factory is not applied evenly. A few hot cold days and they would have given up easily.i also used the original bulb holder rather than the one it came with as i could make it sit much tighter ensure a better seal everywhere.

I love the look but the labour intensive part really sucks for it.

Only tool needed was a 10mm wrench which still snapped one nut on a screw.

I got mine and put them in today as well.

OH MY Fing everything.

I found this mod to be the most labour intensive project just to loosen 2 bolts a side.

it should have taken 10 minutes max.But Toyota decided a different style and to make the nuts almost inaccessible to loosen.

The passenger side was pretty easy, but the driver side i had to remove the inner fender lining to get in there properly.

They look very nice with the rest of my cleared front end and my 5 point LED's which shine nicely.They are 194 bulbs like almost every other bulb in the car.

Like all aftermarket cleared or otherwise lenses they need to be sealed as the quality is very low and they will always leak and get moisture inside. So i took silicone and made a nice clean bead to seal them air tight. It was funny to see how much of it got in the seams as the acrylic from the factory is not applied evenly. A few hot cold days and they would have given up  easily.i also used the original bulb holder rather than the one it came with as i could make it sit much tighter ensure a better seal everywhere.

I love the look but the labour intensive part really sucks for it.

Only tool needed was a 10mm wrench which still snapped one nut on a screw.

They are a lot easier to reach when you have yoru headlights out, like when you're working on the signle housing.

nice to see you getting it done SK that drivers side was a real b**** even with the headlight out. there just isnt alot of room, my hands were scrped up afterwards.now when you talk about sealing them what part are you talking about?

Where the clear plastic lanes meets the plastic housing.

I looked at mine again today and was so suprised to see how poorly fit together it was. In some parts it definatly did not have any sealant.Again it is not silicone but a crazy glue type hard acrylic which is used .It had many openings around the edges where the 2 plastics meet from not having enough or any sealant.

I am very glad i did it before installing them to keep water out which would cause me more headache than anything to remove and reinstall new ones . It is common that aftermarket clear or normal ones leak. Never sealed properly which is why i did mine before install.