Installation/mounting Kit?

• 2 months later...

according to Sean in sales at Metra, the kit was not manufactured due to there only being 1/16th of an inch on each side of a DIN radio and there apparently isn't enough material for them to manufacture a kit with enough rigidity for there standards. I have heard rumours of them developing one though... I'll keep site posted if I hear anything from Metra.

P.S. I am a Professional installer,and am willing to answer ANY questions fellow members may have about thier audio systems or upgrades..

Finally, an answer for the lack of sc300/sc400 kits on the market. I gather that's why a custom kit runs near $150, at least at the three shops I've gotten quotes from. Hope the metra guys can work something out for us. There's definently a market for it.

Finally, an answer for the lack of sc300/sc400 kits on the market.  I gather that's why a custom kit runs near $150, at least at the three shops I've gotten quotes from.  Hope the metra guys can work something out for us.  There's definently a market for it.

There is a place called Import Toys has a 2.5 din carbon fiber panel that fits flush into the stock 2.5 stereo location. I believe they are made specifically for the SC, so they fit good. I am personally looking to get some feedback on that item, so if anyone has one installed how is it? They actually have a decent selection of goodies for the SC so check it out if you perfer the exotic dash instead of the dead tree look.

• 2 weeks later...
according to Sean in sales at Metra, the kit was not manufactured due to there only being 1/16th of an inch on each side of a DIN radio and there apparently isn't enough material for them to manufacture a kit with enough rigidity for there standards.  I have heard rumours of them developing one though... I'll keep site posted if I hear anything from Metra.

P.S. I am a Professional installer,and am willing to answer ANY questions fellow members may have about  thier audio systems or upgrades..

Quick question. My stereo has a "short sound" (the sounds transmits thru like a bad cell phone connection). Other threads stated that the sound and the popping noise might be the amp. So i purchased a used Nak amp (i have no idea if it works) removed the old amp put the new one in and there is no sound at all. I put the old/orginial amp back in and i have the "short sound" again. Now i am wondering if its the speakers. The radio and cd still power on and give me a distorted sound. Can you tell me if you have ever encountered this problem or heard of this problem before.

according to Sean in sales at Metra, the kit was not manufactured due to there only being 1/16th of an inch on each side of a DIN radio and there apparently isn't enough material for them to manufacture a kit with enough rigidity for there standards.  I have heard rumours of them developing one though... I'll keep site posted if I hear anything from Metra.

P.S. I am a Professional installer,and am willing to answer ANY questions fellow members may have about  thier audio systems or upgrades..

Quick question. My stereo has a "short sound" (the sounds transmits thru like a bad cell phone connection). Other threads stated that the sound and the popping noise might be the amp. So i purchased a used Nak amp (i have no idea if it works) removed the old amp put the new one in and there is no sound at all. I put the old/orginial amp back in and i have the "short sound" again. Now i am wondering if its the speakers. The radio and cd still power on and give me a distorted sound. Can you tell me if you have ever encountered this problem or heard of this problem before.

Did you buy one of those useless amps on ebay? It is probably your amp you need to get one that has been refurbed. How much did you pay? I can get one 100% guaranteed to work with warranty if interested.

Did you buy one of those useless amps on ebay? It is probably your amp you need to get one that has been refurbed. How much did you pay? I can get one 100% guaranteed to work with warranty if interested.

i paid $150 for the used NAK amp. When i went to Best Buy the representative spaced out on me when i asked could he check to see if the amp was any good. i got so discouraged after that because at least i was getting a distorted sound from the old amp and no sound from the new/used amp. Within getting discouraged I started wondering if it was the speakers, radio anything. I had a female breakdown over this (it took me several hours to get the chanager and amp out the car.....no arm muscle to loosen the screws. I am interested in the amp that you are suggesting.