tony13735

12k Miles! That has to be a record for a 1998! I'd love to know what you paid! Congrats!!! :cheers: That is a fantastic year to own. I love my '98 and you will find great reviews and support on this site. What color combination do you have? HID Headlamps? Nav? Nakamichi? Air Suspension? Please post some pics - Welcome!

That is excellent. Congrats. That is some low miles right there. I have a 2001 GS300 with 16000 miles on it, and I thought I had to have the lowest miles out there for a car of that age. The hard part is keeping from racking the miles up, because I pretty much want to drive it all the time. In fact, Im going for a drive.

Wow!! You definitely win the prize for low miles. I bought a 98 in April with just under 15,000 miles. I now have 29K - I've put as many miles in almost 5 months than were put on it in 7 years. It's been trouble free. Tell us about yours. Was the maintenance done on time? What color, condition, etc.? What are you going to do with it the first weekend you have it? Congrats - it's a great ride. It's my first Lex too. You'll find this is a great group - knowledgeable, resourceful and helpful.

12k Miles! That has to be a record for a 1998! I'd love to know what you paid! Congrats!!! :cheers: That is a fantastic year to own. I love my '98 and you will find great reviews and support on this site. What color combination do you have? HID Headlamps? Nav? Nakamichi? Air Suspension? Please post some pics - Welcome!

The dealership was asking $30,000 I got them closer to Blue at $25,000 and I ran the carfax. It was owned by a extremely wealthy couple in their 70's. He owns several homes around the country and likes to come to Seattle for the summers. Bought the car new at Bellevue Lexus for his wife. He came in and traded it on a new LS430. I had been looking at these for awhile because a coworker purchased one a few years ago and raves about it. I happened to be looking through the paper and the dealer had advertised it that day. I thought it was a typo on the miles. Called them up and went and looked at it. The car is a pearl white. The only options on it are the six disc cd, heated seats, wood steering wheel. The maintenance was done but didn't need much. The car is in absolutely perect condition...even still smells new.

The dealer offered me the 3m protection, carpet protector, and leather protector...what do you guys think of this? Because the car is pristine, I want to keep it that way as long as I can. I don't typically opt for this stuff but the 3m product looked interesting but it has a $1,000 tag.

Is the 3M protection the clear film stuff for the hood? That might be interesting. I just got 3 rock chips on my hood last week. $1 still sounds kind of high for that plus carpet and leather protection. Does it come with any kind of guarantee? Leather typically isn't hard to keep clean (I like Leatherique). The carpet is another story, but I typically just replace the mats every couple of years. Do you have kids who will be in the car? Then you might want to consider the treatment(s). If you do decide you want it, see what the dealer will work out with you. There's a huge mark up on that stuff.

Good luck and happy driving.