A Few Questions

Hopefully all of these can be answered by somebody here.

BTW, I have a 92 with 116k miles. Everything is stock, except the headunit.

1. The headlamps are circular, but I noticed that when the lamps are on, the light comes out in a vertical strip, rather than illuminating the full circle. Is this normal? it looks like 1/5 of the light was blocked out on either side. It just seems odd that the whole circle doesnt illuminate.

2. I have some glue residue on my wood trim from a changer wired remote that was glued to the trim. What would you suggest I used to clean this? I don't want to ruin the glossy finish.

3. Why does the moonroof stop halfway when I'm closing it? I noticed in the manual it said this was a safety feature if i recall, but i dont understand why it does this. is there anyway to disable it so i dont have to repress the button? (i know its not a big deal, but its the little things that count right?)

4. Aside from a K and N air filter, is there anything I can do to improve gas mileage? I still have stock brand air filter, but hopefully will switch soon. Im only getting about 18-19 city and 23 highway, even though i've slowed my acceleration (when i first got it let it fly out of red lights :D).

5. What do the numbers on the different models stand for? My guess was engine size...300 = 3.0L, 430 = 4.3L, am I right?

Thanks.

the lights all come out like that.its completely normal but i agree i dont understand why it dont come out full circle.the sunroof is also normal and as far as i know theres no way to disable it.as for the 300=3.0 im not sure about that.as for the glue on your wood i would try that goo off.i think thats what its called.or try a little paint thinner but that might take the gloss away so be carefull.

I'll give it a go.

1. sorry, can't help you here.

2. Some over the counter products will work, Goo-b-gone, Goof Off, and believe it or not.....Avon Skin-So-Soft Original liquid. Don't use thinners or solvents, they will take off the shinny finish.

3. don't know, my 02 opens all the way.

4. new plugs, through in a bottle of Chevron w/Techron FI cleaner with each oil change, and switch to synthetic oil. The air filter will help, or just change at least once per year or 15k miles. Also, the PCV valve ($6.00 part) will decrease your mileage if not clean.

5. YOU ARE RIGHT. 300 = 3.0L, 400 = 4.0L, 430 = 4.3L 330 = 3.3L

steviej

my turn my turn

lol

1 the beam is directed so it will not fill the whole projector just what is needed

i might use goo gone also or a good wood cleaner like pledge or orange glo

there is a sensor in the roof

if you remove it then the sunroof would not know it is closed and then would not let the secondary tilt up curcuit allow it to then tilt

get a motorvac change your plugs and clean the throttle body

i get almost 600km to a tank inmy es

but i have a cold air intake and exhaust