Nav System For '01 Es300

ptomko

I recently purchased an '01 ES300 and was wondering if it is possible to retrofit a Nav system from the later models into my car. I saw the fellow that had a '97 with the new Nav system, but my car has the "satellite" radio controls that are scattered around the panel area, whereas the '97 had all the controls on the radio unit. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I'd appreciate any info anybody has on this subject.

I recently purchased an '01 ES300 and was wondering if it is possible to retrofit a Nav system from the later models into my car. I saw the fellow that had a '97 with the new Nav system, but my car has the "satellite" radio controls that are scattered around the panel area, whereas the '97 had all the controls on the radio unit. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I'd appreciate any info anybody has on this subject.

You can install a 2002-2003 2 piece nav in your 01es or you could install the 1 piece 05 es330 nav which has the hookups for reverse camera, satelite radio xm or sirius. Contact me if you want the details. ;)

Thanks. I tried to send an e-mail, but the board tells me I am not allowed to use that feature. Maybe I have to be a gold member.

A couple questions that come immediately to mind.

1.) For both of those options, is it as simple as plugging in the existing wiring harness, or is there additional wiring?

2.) Is there additional wiring for the reverse camera, if I went with the '05 option?

3.) Do I need to do customization of the radio panel, or are there peices I can purchase to match my '01 to the Nav units?

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks. I tried to send an e-mail, but the board tells me I am not allowed to use that feature. Maybe I have to be a gold member.

1.) For both of those options, is it as simple as plugging in the existing wiring harness, or is there additional wiring?

2.) Is there additional wiring for the reverse camera, if I went with the '05 option?

3.) Do I need to do customization of the radio panel, or are there peices I can purchase to match my '01 to the Nav units?

Thanks,

Paul

No additional wiring needed, Full installation kit included, You will need the camera and additional wiring, No customization needed. Bothunits are plug and play the 05 one piece nav has the option for the rearview camera and satelite [ XM or SIRIUS ].

Thanks,

Paul

No additional wiring needed, Full installation kit included, You will need the camera and additional wiring, No customization needed. Bothunits are plug and play the 05 one piece nav has the option for the rearview camera and satelite [ XM or SIRIUS ].

That's awesome. Do I just get this from a Lexus dealer, or do you have a contact?

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks,

Paul

That's awesome. Do I just get this from a Lexus dealer, or do you have a contact?

Thanks,

Paul

You can get them from a dealer $10-$12,000 and they have to order from japan. And I doubt if you can even get one from a stealer. They will try to put you in a Lexus with nav instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: So what about installing a navi OR navi/dvd in dash unit into a 02 es 300..I agree with you last thread, saying that the dealer would rather put you in a lex with nav than give you advice on how to install one....as a matter of fact I was told that you couldn't even buy the "lexus" indash unit, it would not fit or work unless it came installed from the factory?

Question: So what about installing a navi OR navi/dvd in dash unit into a 02 es 300..I agree with you last thread, saying that the dealer would rather put you in a lex with nav than give you advice on how to install one....as a matter of fact I was told that you couldn't even buy the "lexus" indash unit, it would not fit or work unless it came installed from the factory?

That is said because you have to have a custom Y connector made. The original wiring is integrated into the body harness. They fit. ;)

Man, I got all excited because I also have a 01 but what the hell ?!  $10-$12,000 !!! ... I'll just stick to a $2.00 map.  :lol:  George

$10 - $12000 is what the dealer would want. They go for $1700.00-$2800.00 depends on the year and model.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2004 ES330, the radio has nav and the "Sat" button. It is a Mark Levinson system.

My dealer says that it is not possible to put a sat system in the 2004.

They did say, "Sat is possible in the 2005" and the dealer install price is $1200.00 (sat system and labor to install).

Has anyone tried to do this on their own?

I have a 2004 ES330, the radio has nav and the "Sat" button. It is a Mark Levinson system.

My dealer says that it is not possible to put a sat system in the 2004.

They did say, "Sat is possible in the 2005" and the dealer install price is $1200.00 (sat system and labor to install).

Has anyone tried to do this on their own?

Your dealer is correct. No satellite on the 2004, but yes on the 2005. The 2005 shares the SAT button with the AM button. Don't think I've ever seen a SAT button in a 2004. Theres no mention of it or satellite radio in the owners manual for 2004.