Used Transmissions

I've just been told that my transmission clutches are burnt and are responsible for my clugged tranny filter. My valve body may also be damaged.

I figure that a used tranny with less miles might be a better bet than risking a rebuild.

Anybody got any clues to used tranny sources??

yah there are lots of 3vz tranny and motors but they are all here in Toronto.

You have JDM importers drop them a line.

Too bad you didn;t get an line filter.

I bet it is not burnt clutches but o/d fibres from the lockup buffer.

yah there are lots of 3vz tranny and motors but they are all here in Toronto.

You have JDM importers drop them a line.

Too bad you didn;t get an line filter.

I bet it is not burnt clutches but o/d fibres from the lockup buffer.

I though the same thing. However the tranny started neutraling some time back and I cleaned the filter and changed the fluid (the magnets on the fluid pan were covered with metel shards and so was the filter) It worked for about 2 weeks then the whinning sound returned and so did the slipping gears. After cleaning the filter again I realised that there was hardly any metal shards just fibres. This time it woked for about a month.

My thought is that the old fibres are reintroduced into the new fliud and clogged the filter. THe mechanics down feel that its much worse. They refused to do a flush but had to clean the filter for the car to move. On this clean the fluid smelled really burnt. But the car drove home with out slipping (about 10miles)

Any thoughts??

Drive with the o/d off ,it sounds like the tc fibres are gone from agressive downshifting and the metal is from the lining gone and leaving only metal.

Metal is never a good thing ,it would eb easier to get a new tranny as that ones sounds bad.