Strut Tower Bar For Gs300

Is there any good reconmendations for a decent strut bar???? i can only find ones for gs400 and i did find 1 for the 300 but i just dont want to buy that one, this is america i need to chose :D anyway, please give me some direction here and if anyones knows were to get one or has one on, does it really make a big diffrence to the handleing????? Thanks Again Guys. :ph34r:

The brace won't affect the handling that much. You don't even really need one unless you're pushing your car to the point where your front end flex is noticeable. I should mention that I have no experience with braces on the GS, but for cars that I have owned, what I said holds true.

As for your question about the 300/400 compatibility. I'm willing to bet they're interchangeable in this respect, but it couldn't hurt to hear from some other members or even Lexus customer service if you feel the need.

-Dave

Here's the run down on STB's for the GS.. Now all STB's will fit the 300 too but all are made for the 400/430 because to make most of them fit the 300's you have to add spacers so they can clear the engine.. You see the V8 sits lower than the I6 and because of this the engine cover has to be removed and spacers added to the brackets so it fits.. Now I have had already 3 different STB's on my GS3.. I first had the Tom's then went to the TRD and now I have the RMM.. The first 2 I had I had to put 3 spacers on each side so the STB could clear the engine and also my engine cover had to be removed.. IMO the 3 spacers on each side looked really tacky so I had to find a better fitting STB that could fit with less hassles.. So I ended up with the Rod Millen, since the center bar is flat and not round or oval like the other 2, it gave me more room to work with.. Now I have 1 spacer on each side and I can't be happier with the style.. And if I wanted I could even take those spacers off and it'll still clear.. But also keep in mind that I still have my engine cover removed.. If you want to see what the RMM STB looks like just checkout my car in the gallery.. It comes with sides painted black and the center bar polished.. Now if don't like the RMM you should look into STB's that are mostly flat on the top compared to the rounder ones..

Well, first I'll tell you what they are.. When you have a chance go outside and open your hood.. Now after you opened it, take a look at the top of the strut towers.. You'll see these flat black roundish things just sitting under the nuts that hold the top of the struts in place.. Those are spacers, and you can just go to Lexus Service and pick a few up...

ill tell you something...you can try which i did...try using a supra strut bar...the bar fits but you have to tweak it a little bit for it to get on...martial i dont know how you find strutbars for a gs400 more then you do a gs300...let me know where you go...ill go there too...ill have pics up of how my strut bar looks soon