Rear End?

Theodore

whose changed a rear on there sc400"?

I think the supra one can fit. will it make a difference?  any feed back

I HAVE INSTALLED A 1993 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO AUTOMATIC LSD DIFFERENTIAL IN MY 1992 LEXUS SC400, IT WORKED AND MOUNTED LIKE A CHARGE. YOU CAN ALSO USE THE 4 PISTON FRONT BRAKE CALIPERS, AND SUSPENSION OFF THE SAME SUPRA.

Ive asked this question before in a variety of forums as it is on my "to do" list. Apparently the 94-96 supra torsen rearend for auto trans will have a 3.76 gear, and will be the optimal and only logical choice for a lexus xx400 designation car. The dealer has it for around $1600 housing and all complete bolt on replacement. You speedo will stay accurate as the ABS sensors are used to calculate speed. Available online from Carson (the dealership that offers its own line of L-tuned parts on l-tunedparts.com) at the toyota site here: http://www.newtoyotaparts.com/product/?id=1754

• 1 month later...

Sorry guy but the speed sensor is located in the rear of the transmission. IT does not use the ABS sensor for the speedometer. I just exchanged a 1999 SC400 3.266 differential with my 1992 SC400 3.90 differential and the speedometer is reading about 10 mph slower at 70 mph. I have ordered a ratio adapter from a Virginia based company that repairs dash clusters. This will correct the speedometer calibration.

• 3 weeks later...