Vdim

Good thoughts to consider before you buy your next car. Unfortunately, you're not going to do that with the new GS.

I own the previous generation GS and I find the "simple" traction control annoying. Try to pull out into traffic on loose gravel and the traction control (a component part of VSC) kicks in turning the car into a dangerous, slow-moving piece of scrap iron. At least in my case I can turn off the VSC permanently. Even so, I only do this when I know I need full power with a little slippage. I mostly leave it on because of the enormous safety benefit it provides when you get into trouble.

In the current generation, VDIM really isn't the system that should concern you. VDIM is just the integration of all the other systems. It's not something that you can turn off since it is the means by which all the other safety-nets communicate.

Quote from Lexus.

"But, is it an exciting car to drive? If your only measure of driving fun is speed, then the 430 is a fulfilling ride. But, if you value a high level of feedback from external forces, then the Lexus experience might be a bit of a bore. It is just so competent and smooth that the driver feels more like a passenger than the commander. Make no mistake; this is no track car. The electronic handling aids cannot be switched off, so tail-happy cornering is out of the question. However, there's a lot to be said for the ease of taking a corner at competitive speeds without having to wrestle the steering wheel or worry about the rear end overtaking the front."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i agree that sometimes it's nice to feel the exhiliration of a perfect drift on a somewhat wet road or whatever you like but serious haha come on....

if you really want to drift buy a s13 silvia for 1500 bucks....slap a muffler on and go drifting. when you finally hit that gaurd rail...or wear your suspension out to the point that the chasis is barely hanging on youll be much happier that you did it on a $1500 car...as opposed to a 30,40,50......$__K car

thats what i did and i went through 2 sets of crappy tires...and just tore the 240sx apart ahha