Just Re Did The Wood Trim

Theodore

i dont know about u guys but i got board of the wood trim in the sc. So i took them out sanded and repainted a nice Satin Black finish after alot of wet sanding and afew coats let me tell u it looks nice.

Wasnt crazy about the color was gonna use flat black but i thought it would be to plain.

Point of this is that it looks good, was wondering if anyone else tried.

i dont know about u guys but i got board of the wood trim in the sc. So i took them out sanded and repainted a nice Satin Black finish after alot of wet sanding and afew coats let me tell u it looks nice.

Wasnt crazy about the color was gonna use flat black but i thought it would be to plain.

Point of this is that it looks good, was wondering if anyone else tried.

How about some pics? Lets see how good it looks.

Flashjet

ill take pics tomorrow. ill pst them, alot of people liked them im still iffy about them but so far good reviews. ill re port tomorrow.

I have never been fond of the wood trim either. Sounds like a good idea. Cant wait to see the pictures.

Lexus For Sale, Very interesting way to sell your car when you are under 20 contributing posts. <_<

Aesthetically, I think the black adds a decent contrast that inside a car with a darker interior it might get lost. But, realistically, all I keep thinking is - shiny black plastic inside a $45,000 luxury sport coupe... nahhhh

Had you thought about (after having sanded the trim peices) just doing a black stain then high-glossing the peices? This would have still given a very nice effect - plus let some of the wood grain still read through. Nothing says high-priced luxury like real wood. Especially when so many other cars are faking it. But if the wood grain just isn't your cup of tea, I can dig that. I just think your new interior, while perhaps standing out a bit more now than before, took a hit on "class".

imho

Its so funny that you said that when i was sanding the peices they lookd treally good with some of the wood comming through.

It looked good but i wasnt shure about it.

its not to shinny in the car and its nice and smooth so thats why i kept it like that.

But i did have the same exact idea of what you wrote. it looked pretty cool sanded, i dont know i m worried about how the plastic peices would look sanded. not shure now im abit confused. Im 50 50 about this project.

Its so funny that you said that when i was sanding the peices they lookd treally good with some of the wood comming through.

It looked good but i wasnt shure about it.

its not to shinny in the car and its nice and smooth so thats why i kept it like that.

But i did have the same exact idea of what you wrote. it looked pretty cool sanded, i dont know i m worried about how the plastic peices would look sanded. not shure now im abit confused. Im 50 50 about this project.

The wood gain coming through with dark, dark stain sounds very classy! B)

Great contrast to the light leather color without the plastic look.

I lost you on the plastic pieces that are sanded though. What plastic pieces are you referring to?

Flashjet