Security System?

BG LEX

:pirate:

Hello once again guys.. have yet another question...

the security system APPEARS to be working fine, the light goes ON and OFF like it should, but once I attempted to "shake" the car, and nothing happened... I obviously dont want to brake my windows to find out if the security system is actually working, I was wondering if there is a "diagnostic" or some way of turning the system on?? just anything that will re-assure me that its working?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:wacko: I should also mention that when my friend bought a new car, I took him there with my LS, and the security alarm went on just by lifting the rear-door handle, while the car was locked... was this the work of supernatural forces? ( A Lexus in a GM Dealer? ) :P :P and this was the first/last time I ever ever saw my security system working.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! thanks so much

the system has no shock sensor as part of oem

as it would create customer complaints as to when it goes off or doesn't

the system works pretty silently

to try it stay in the car and arm it then after a minute it will activate to full mode then open a door and it will relock them and set itself off

Ok, I knew our '92 had a factory security system, but never knew how to activate it. My wife thought that the light on the dash was just a theft deterant! anyway, she managed to set it off somehow the other day and freaked out because she thought the car was going to self destruct. ;)

If there is no shock sensors, what makes it go off? She says that she closed the trunk and it went off, but try as we might, we can't get it to repeat.

Thanks for any help,

Bill

to activate it just lock the doors and the light should go on by itself

or try to lock the door on the switch before closing it

then the led lights up

it senses all the doors hood and trunk throught the lock mechanism

and also the key switch

:D I locked myself in the car with the remote on the key, and the red light went on, I waited 1 minute, and i tried pressing the "unlock" button on the controls but it didnt do anything, which is a good sign, so then I unlocked it manually and BINGO... the alarm went on!

now i know that it is funtional!

Thanks for all your help gentlemen,

-> SKPERFORMANCE, your in Missisauga, Im in North York, what a coincidence :rolleyes:

hmm i didn't notice the toronto part before

did you just add it to the location?

welcome fellow sars member

lmao

glad to let you know you can feel safe leaving your car unattended with an alarm already in it

hmm i didn't notice the toronto part before

did you just add it to the location?

welcome fellow sars member

lmao

glad to let you know you can feel safe leaving your car unattended with an alarm already in it

:P SKperformance, yeah I just added "Toronto" after I saw your location :geek:

Im glad too because of the re-assurance.

Thanks to the community for helping out yet another newbie :magic: ( well im not sure if Im still a newbie but oh well )

this original "security system" is no good whatsoever except for lockin unlockin doors.:)

use compustar alarm. i have it for about 1.5 years and no problems whatsoever.

its 2 way alarm with remote start abd bunch of other functions. i love it!!!!

check it out

www.compustar.org