New Nav Dvd Udate

RAP

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on where you live (or travel) you probably don’t need to upgrade very often. Do they make a lot of new roads in your area? Most areas are not changed very much from year to year. I’m in real estate and there is quite a lot of development going on here. I just updated for the first time since I got the 330 in July of 04. Depending on what I experience with this upgrade, I may not upgrade again for three years. Upgrading every year is a big waste of money and depending on where you live and how long you keep your cars, you may not ever have to upgrade.

BTW, upgrading is too easy to pay Lexus to do it for you. Buy the DVD from lexus-parts.com and take the 5 minutes to do it yourself.

I went to the dealer and tried the GPS override. You can't do it the old way because there is now a real button where the old hidden button was. If anyone figures out or knows how to override the new update please post it.

I went to the dealer and tried the GPS override. You can't do it the old way because there is now a real button where the old hidden button was. If anyone figures out or knows how to override the new update please post it.

Whats the real button SAY!!

Im guessing this is on an 06 model RX

Does anybody know how/where to determine the version of the NAV DVD. I am picking up tommorrow and what to point out the version to the dealer, vs the versions that comes out in January. This is a hot button for me.

How much for install of the new version nav DVD? Mine current DVD doesnt have half of the developments down my neck of the woods (some of which are 3-5 years old now).

The Army Core of Engineers is the ones who give them the info to input. And please dont pay the dealer for install. It really only took about 3min to install. NO TOOLS NEEDED! If you buy the DVD, I can tell you exactly how to do it. (email - pplunkett@fuse.net)

I just went from Ver. 0.31 to 0.51 (update Jan 06) most of the changes in Greater Cincinnati were in their.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know when the latest revision comes out? Since the last one came out in January, am I to believe we will see another one out in January 2007?

We just purchased an 05 RX 330 and went on a trip into the eastern (woodsy) parts of California. A lot of the places up there weren't included in this disk. It also took us out into the backroads looking for a Starbucks -- misleading us. The Starbucks in question was actually in town. (OY! Like I would've figured that one out if I didn't have a Nav and used my wits, instead!)

Anyway, I'm trusting that the next version of the disk will correct things like this. Have you all known that to be the case? Or are the changes pretty miniscule?

Thanks for any help! This looks like a great forum!

:)

Funny thing is we never know what roads or POI's are updated or added...its a crap shoot if the new update will do you any good or not.....

Thanks... I was kind of thinking that would be the answer. So January is the time, right?

BTW... LOVE the Cornholio! :)