My Car - 1990 Lexus Es 250

Fezel

Well I'm pretty excited, my first car and its in good condition although recently I experienced something odd...

After driving on the freeway at a constant speed (and using overdrive) for an hour, as I pulled in to the driveway I saw some steam or white smoke coming from the hood. I opened up the hood and it looked like it was coming from the back of the engine. Should I be worried? Also... It has an oil leak and there is oil residue on top of the engine, I've been told by a friend that this can be fixed, is that true?

Well the car is in really good condition though and I really want to customize it like tint the windows and put some cool rims on.

Do you guys have any suggestions for what I could do to this car to make it cooler? Also what rims would fit on it?

One last question...

It has 140000 miles on it, is there anything special I should replace/rotate/change?

Thanks a bunch!

First off,

Welcome to the club Fezel B) Do you have a reliable mechanic you can yake your ES to? If not, ask friends & family to recommend one. The dealers are quite expensive & yous is very close to a 1990 & 1991 Toyota Camry V6 LE so to repair them is not too difficult. I would make a list of all your concerns & take the car to your mechanic to look over & repair what is needed. Good Luck! B)

As far as customizing is concerned, you have ton's of stuff you can do to your ES from appearance to performance. I would suggest tint, front strut tower brace, a complete tune up is important & the like to start off with. Many more things can be done down the road depending on your tastes & budget. ;)

:cheers:

Try going to www.tirerack.com, go to 'upgrade garage' & select wheels for your year & model of ES. Let me know if you need assistance down the road with tires as well. B)

Post some pics of your new ride when you can.

:cheers: