Awd, How Can I Tell If It Has It?

tealboy

is there a way to tell whether the 02/03 rx 300 is awd by looking at a picture? I know i could look under the front axle and tell, but is there any characteristics on the exterior that would help me determine? so far, i have not seen any distinquishing characteristics.

on my exped, i can always tell by the front hooks. If it has them, it is 4x4 if the hooks are not there, it is 4x2.

is there a way to tell whether the 02/03 rx 300 is awd by looking at a picture?  I know i could look under the front axle and tell, but is there any characteristics on the exterior that would help me determine?  so far, i have not seen any distinquishing characteristics. 

on my exped, i can always tell by the front hooks.  If it has them, it is 4x4 if the hooks are not there, it is 4x2.

On th RX330 I think you can tell by the front bumper, exactly how I don't know, the salesman that sold me the car found the FWD for me among the AWD by looking at the bumper.

"Usually", and yes, usually.....AWD rx300's will have more "stuff" to them..spoiler, xenons (look for greenish tint in headlight unit), heated seats etc...this is not 100% for sure though..just "usually"

On the interior, if you look to the spot on the center console to the left of the cig lighter, if there is a switch saying TRAC OFF, then it's front wheel drive...AWD's wont have anything in this spot.

From a picture? Trac switch as someone said.

Otherwise best way from outside is to take a peek at the inside of either rear wheel, if there's a driveshaft there it's "pretend" AWD.