Certified Warranty Education For $85.00

bowtie3

So I took my wife's 2000 RX300 [ 54,000 miles ] in to the dealer this morning for 2 issues: 1 ] The A/C compressor or the alternator are howling / rattling at times 2 ] The front struts are making that cracking / popping / clunking noise again. I had it to the dealer about 2 months ago for the TSB on the front strut-mount rubber bushings. Now it's beginning to do the same thing again. The car is covered by the Certified Warranty for another year. The dealer tech tells me he doesn't hear anything out of the ordinary on either problem, so I'm billed $85.00 for an hour's labor. I guess they think I don't have anything else to do for two and a half hours. I thought I had escaped this kind of service when I didn't buy another GM vehicle. So I guess the MO is to keep putting the customer off until the vehicle is completely out of ANY warranty and THEN they WILL find a problem. The service rep told me that they ALL make noises when the engine is running and that the warranty would cover it if the A/C compressor or the alternator quits working or comes apart. Poke me with a fork, I'm done !

So I took my wife's 2000 RX300 [ 54,000 miles ] in to the dealer this morning for 2 issues:  1 ]  The A/C compressor or the alternator are howling / rattling at times  2 ]  The front struts are making that cracking / popping / clunking noise again.  I had it to the dealer about 2 months ago for the TSB on the front strut-mount rubber bushings.  Now it's beginning to do the same thing again.  The car is covered by the Certified Warranty for another year.  The dealer tech tells me he doesn't hear anything out of the ordinary on either problem, so I'm billed $85.00 for an hour's labor.  I guess they think I don't have anything else to do for two and a half hours.  I thought I had escaped this kind of service when I didn't buy another GM vehicle.  So I guess the MO is to keep putting the customer off until the vehicle is completely out of ANY warranty and THEN they WILL find a problem.  The service rep told me that they ALL make noises when the engine is running and that the warranty would cover it if the A/C compressor or the alternator quits working or comes apart.  Poke me with a fork, I'm done !

Welcome to Lexus of America the car company that cares....but not about you or your car. only their pockets, which are full of cash from the hipe and dog and pony show. Sorry you too have experienced what many others have, but as long as customers keep coming in and getting ripped they continue without making any consessions to good service. Until these customers say goodby to this treatment they will never get the message. I guess Americans are so used to getting taken for shoddy products and workmanship they accept it for normal. Thats why the shuttle is still having problems, some government worker decided to do his usual job and get paid without accepting quality as number one. I have seen it across the board in most of our industry and work ethics, I personally believe that unless it is done right don't touch anything I own. My experience in Roseville Lexus is the same as you have experienced. Notify the bureau of automotive repair in your state and file a complaint. Tell ten of your friends of your experience. That is how business as usual will change.

I've gone to Lexus of Roseville for my car maintenance and *never* experienced the problems that you've mentioned. As I've said before, I've always had good experience with Lexus of Sacramento and Roseville. I'm not the average misinformed consumer. I wonder whether you did not have a good tech? It happens sometimes.

I've gone to Lexus of Roseville for my car maintenance and *never* experienced the problems that you've mentioned.  As I've said before, I've always had good experience with Lexus of Sacramento and Roseville. I'm not the average misinformed consumer.  I wonder whether you did not have a good tech? It happens sometimes.

I experienced Lexus of Roseville when I had to have my transmission replaced. When I picked up the car the hoses were disconected, And three of the main bolts holding the transmission to the engine block were missing. The car also became very unsafe when the transmission replacement would drop out of gear at the very worst times, like when you stepped on the gas. After 6 weeks of fighting Lexus of Roseville they replaced the transmission again, This time when I picked it up the torsion bar was completely disconnected on both sides of the front suspension and rubbing on the brake lines(rubber hoses) and drive shafts on both sides. I have digital pictures of this wonderful work. I personally was in a misshap years ago when the torsion bar fell down and spun my vehicle out. I talked to the service rep, service manager and the general manager of Lexus of Roseville and informed them I would never let my vehicle leave their dealership without my personal inspection on the rack to make sure it was safe to drive. They shop foreman and service manager assured me they personally had gone over the vehicle. I went into the bay, with the general manager, shop foreman, and service manager and inspected the work of repairing my torsion bar problem and guess what, there were still parts disconnected under the air box and a bracket and ground wire were completely hanging. Chalk it up to their great service. Two weeks later the right drive shaft came out of the transaxle and I suddenly had tranny fluid everywhere. I called and they claimed they had never touched the right drive shaft. another lie of course since when you change the transmission the right shaft has to be disconnected to facilitate the removal of the tranny. I made them repair it after the shop foreman called and said yes indeed they did have to remove the right shaft. What a bunch of idiots. I am not in the automotive trade, but have worked on cars for thirty five years, rebuilt engines, rebuilt an automatic transmission, and I can tell you their work is extremely substandard and god help anybody that has their car serviced at Lexus of Rosevile. Your life as well as your family could be in great jeopardy. I wouldn't trust that bunch with repairing an anvil. So there it be, my saga with Lexus of Roseville that never follows up and to this day almost ten months later still owes me money for parts that I gave them to replace on the drive shalft issue after being told it wasn't their fault when I thought I might have to do the repair myself. So God bless you and good luck...