Can A 98 Ls Front Bumper Fit On A 95?

choiboyogg

i like the design of the 98 front bumpers and the placement of the fog lights. any chance that the 98's will fit on a 95 LS?

also, is it possible to get the wooden steering wheel exchanged out for the regular leather wheel? how much does it cost?

can the leather shift knob be traded out for the wooden knob?

I have heard stories of the steering wheel being either too small or too big so I dont think it'll work. The shifter should befine. If you buy one of ebay or any other place make sure its the same lenght as the one you have now. I believe it is 7.5 inches? As for the front bumper I am not sure. The 95-97 LS had the foglights in the headlight housing while the 98-00 had them on the bottom so you might have some issues there. It would be a great mod if you could do it though.

thanks

i think you can do the bumper mod if you get it to fit but the turn signal lights on the 95 would have to be moved the where the cornor lights are right now and you could take the current lights in your cornor lights and put them where your fog lights are and take the fog lights to the bumper i have thought about doing this for a while but have not found a black bumper yet heres a pic it will make more sense and the wood knob will fit if you can find one thats the same color leather as your car but i think its the 4-5 inch knob so dont get the small one which the newer lexus's have and about the steering wheel it will fit but your current airbag wont fit on it so youll have to buy the airbag for a 98-00 LS and the wirigin for the airbag woudlnt connect to the current airbag so it would jsut be there for looks and wouldnt be operational in the event of a crash so you would be better off with the leather one you currently have if you really want wood on your steering you can send it to a company they add wood grain to the steering for aroudn 200 but i dont have the link currently i will find it for you

-Khalid

post-8405-1123013402_thumb.jpg

The bumper will bolt up, if you replace the bumper supports, the hood, grille, fenders, headlights, and relocate that wirirng.

It has been done, expect about $7000 or so.

As for the wheel, the wheel will bolt up. The issue is the airbag, the wood wheels are designed for second generation airbags that came out in 98.

The pic is similar but really just a 95-97 bodykit as those are not 98-00 fogs nor do they have the fake parking ligths besides them

What you call fake parking lights were only on North American cars to satisfy DOT regulations. Other countries got the signal marker on the fender instead.

But your right about that 95-97's bumper being a part of a kit.

I have a feeling the corner slight which signal on the NA spec cars actually have a parking light with them in japan.

Also the lower fake reflectors like most luxury carrs probably light up when turning, i may just make mine do both soon enough.