Power Door Lock On Driver's Door

jtbel

Hello, the car usually starts up right quick, but once when I took a drive, it hesitated, then again on my way back home it hesitated. Next time I tried to start it, I got click, click, click. My car is a '97 ls400, I reset the computer after I took the battery out by stepping on the brake to make sure there was no more juice. I put in a new battery, and the first time the car started, but it idled really low. I drove it around the block and it stalled when I pulled into the driveway. I turned it off and restarted it and it idled back where it should be. Is there anything special that needs to be done when resetting the computer, and why did it idle low when it first started? Aside from that, I don't know if it is related or not, but it happened right after I put in the new battery----my door lock on the driver's door does'nt work now, either with the remote or the lock/unlock switch. What would I replace for this and where is it? Thanks

Somebody has to have had this problem before, please help.

Have you had the alternator tested? and have you checked the fuses for the locking system? Some roughness is normal after disconnecting the battery as the computer readjusts it settings but that should go away pretty quickly.

Mine's a 91 so i probably can't help you much on specifics on a 97. My 91 has a button on the dash that disables the remote that i hit occasionally (and then wonder why it won't unlock :whistles: ). The door lock motor should be near the back of the door (near the lock itself). Not too hard to get to once you get the panel off. You didn't say if the other locks were operating when you use the remote.

probably the motor like larry said as for the low idle and the dying you might need a tune-up fuel filter spark plugs and wires also try you battery connections that click is the starter solenoid opening and closing so maybe your connections are loose

Thanks everyone, The car is running fine now after I had put the new battery. I was just confused with the low idle on that first startup after I installed it. Once I turned it off and on again, it idled fine.

The other 3 door locks are operating fine, it is just the driver's door. In this case would it be just the motor going out? Or, is there some kind of electrical switch or something else it could also be?

And before I forget, does anyone know where I can get a single motor inexpensive? A website that sells them maybe.