New Car

indiasfinest

continued...

o ya ( i 4got) the same reason the civic has HX and EX...and the corrola with normal and sport (s-type) and the accord with the vtec and the v6...u c every car company does it...not just cadillac...and i think they do so they can meet their customers needs more effiecently...

The STS is a sedan ;)

yea i no..but i dont like GM...it doesnt appeal 2 me... ;)

Niether do I but you should drive one, its not your typical Cadillac.

Why does Cadillac need the CTS, STS and CTS-V?? Duplication??? CTS is poor-man's STS??

Why does Lexus need a GS and an IS? Because the CTS is $20,000 less than the STS. The CTS-V is $20,000 less than the STS-V. The CTS is sportier and appeals to a different market.

As for the GS300, they sell way more GS300s than GS430s. Its all about having vehicles that appeal to a wide spectrum of buyers.

The BMW 5 series has THREE engines.

The STS is a sedan ;)

yea i no..but i dont like GM...it doesnt appeal 2 me... ;)

Niether do I but you should drive one, its not your typical Cadillac.

Why does Cadillac need the CTS, STS and CTS-V?? Duplication??? CTS is poor-man's STS??

Why does Lexus need a GS and an IS? Because the CTS is $20,000 less than the STS. The CTS-V is $20,000 less than the STS-V. The CTS is sportier and appeals to a different market.

As for the GS300, they sell way more GS300s than GS430s. Its all about having vehicles that appeal to a wide spectrum of buyers.

The BMW 5 series has THREE engines.

The GS "had" 3 engines too...300, 400 and 430...they just didn't make them at the same time.

I do have to say that BMW went a little overboard on the 5 series LOL

They also are now available with X-Drive AWD, which makes a BMW 5 Series more appealing to someone living in a snowy climate, also reaching out to more customers. This is in contrast to some of the smaller Lexuses, like the IS and ES, which are not offered with AWD, but the new GS models are.

It's hard to tell what the competition of a 5 Series is; the ES would compare to the 3 Series, and the LS would compare to the 7 Series. I guess the new GS is the 5 Series' new opponent.

Actually the ES doesn't compare to the 3 series at all, the IS does. The ES is actually larger than the 5 series. The LS also is a little too small to truly compete with the 7 series. Lexus' lineup is kind of odd.

Actually the ES doesn't compare to the 3 series at all, the IS does. The ES is actually larger than the 5 series. The LS also is a little too small to truly compete with the 7 series. Lexus' lineup is kind of odd.

The 745Li is bigger then the LS.

The ES is actually bigger on the inside than the GS believe it or not. Well i'm not sure about the cubic feet, but the ES "feels" a little less cramped.