Line Level Converters

Hey guys, I'm pretty interested in changing over my stereo but keeping the original head unit.

From the FAQ:

"you can replace the whole system and keep the deck by getting line level convertors they upgrade the signal and voltage to as close as an rca as possible without one using the speaker outputs".

Do I just ask for these at an electical / Audio store??

I have tried to explain these to store people, who all just stared at me blankly.

cheers :)

- Gav

If you are looking to install an amp you can get a speaker wire to rca converter. What this does is it takes your speaker wires and converts them into rca output so you can connect an amp to your exisiting stock deck. All you have to do is take the wires that come out of the converter and tap them into your speaker wires (there will be both positive and negative for left/right speakers), from there all you have to do is connect your rca's into the converter and into you amp.

you can buy them at radio shack,walmart or any other elctronic store.if you want ones that sound really good then they will cost you about 40 to 80 dollars.the cheap ones are good for bass but not for highs.

sorry what you guys are talkign about is not a line level convertor

those are just rca outputs, nothing more

a convertor is powered and is the difference of a cd to a tape

both work but the other loses tons of frequencies

the convertors are available in audio stores that deal with more high end equipment

the one i use are from crystal line look for those

i was going to sell mine

but i think i am going to end up with a another car i will have to use them in

they are about 125 usd

this works for a left and right channel

easy to hook up and unbelivable when changing audio but not the head