What To Do About Shifter Leather

Part of the leather on my shifter ripped off. :cries: It's a 1994 GS 300 w/ automatic trans (it has the OD button). Can the leather be recovered easily, or is a complete replacement shifter available, or ???

Thanks for your help!

I wish it was that. No, I was trying to install a replacement dash piece that fits around the shifter. It turned into a disaster. The adhesive on the piece is so strong, that it can't be lifted up once it's put down. It's like super glue. So, you only get one chance. This is very difficult to do because you have to line up the shifter, transmission mode button, and ashtray areas. The other problem was that it wouldn't slide under the ashtray because it was so sticky. I ended up tearing it and ripping some of the leather off of the shifter when it stuck to it by accident. Now I have to replace the replacement shifter surround piece and find a new shifter cover. I don't think I will try the do-it-yourself adhesive surround piece again. I'll try to find a junkyard piece, or maybe a shop that does it. In summary, what was supposed to be a $50 job is turning into a lot more.:wacko: