Is My Gs430 Slower?

I just got the L-Tuned exhaust (axle back) for my '01 GS430. They sound great (a little loud) but I can't help feeling I may have lost a little bit in acceleration. Don't get me wrong, the car still flies..but it feels a little slower off the line. Is this a psychological thing or is this possible?

when u increase air flow in the exhuast system, you're losing back pressure, when u lose back pressure, u lose a little bit of your acceleration but u get a little bit more top end.

This is true but I dont believe its enough to notice.I think its all in your head.I couldnt tell a diff. when I replaced my exhaust except that it sounded alot more mean.

chuckb,

I don't think the ecu was reset. I had the L-tuned exhaust installed at dealer where I purchased them (they threw in labor; only took 10 mins. anyway). What would resetting / not resetting ecu do? Thanks in advance.

Anytime you do a mod like that - intake/exhaust/etc...you should re-set your ECU - Just detach battery cables for like 30 minutes...re-attach and drive the car aggressively for awhile...

Hope that helps...P.S. I put a Borla Ex. on my GS300 - posted the same question cuz I noticed slower acc. also after installation...might be psychological - might not. Who knows...sounds better though!

chuckb,

I don't think the ecu was reset.  I had the L-tuned exhaust installed at dealer where I purchased them (they threw in labor; only took 10 mins. anyway).  What would resetting / not resetting ecu do?  Thanks in advance.

it allows the ecu to relearn the new air flow characteristics. also, when you have been driving "normal" for a while, the computer gets lazy and becomes less responsive.

the best way to reset ecu is remove the ecu-b fuse under hood on passenger side. you have to leave it out for at least 30 minutes(sometimes longer). you'll know if it reset or not if your radio settings and seat memory are erased.