Just Got My First Gs300

:cheers: Well folks I just sold one of my LS400 to purchase a 1993 GS300, I am fairly new to this car, and was wondering on what to look out for on it(ie. problems ect.) Like I said it is a 1993 with 130k on it gave 5800.00 for the car.The exterior looked ROUGH when I bought it (PA Car), the interior was fairly clean execpt for the carpet. I paid a local detail shop to clean the car up and now it looks new. Mechanically it seems fine timing belt changed at 122k by lexus dealer. Just was wondering on any advice from you. B)

:cheers:  Well folks I just sold one of my LS400 to purchase a 1993 GS300, I am fairly new to this car, and was wondering on what to look out for on it(ie. problems ect.) Like I said it is a 1993 with 130k on it gave 5800.00 for the car.The exterior looked ROUGH when I bought it (PA Car), the interior was fairly clean execpt for the carpet. I paid a local detail shop to clean the car up and now it looks new. Mechanically it seems fine timing belt changed at 122k by lexus dealer. Just was wondering on any advice from you. B)

Congrats on the "new" car, Post some pix of the GS. Check all the fluids [ I would replace all of them] Look for any signs of leaks, check the brakes out for wear, Maybe a new battery, plugs, clean the intake, new air filter , Make sure all of the audio functions work etc...Good Luck :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Problems to look out for on a 93 GS300 are a leaky trunk which may damage your amp as it sits on the floor in the trunk also the center console wood grain tends to chip as many 93 GS300 owners have reported. If your's is not yet chipped, protect it from the sun. If in the future, you have this problem, go to Nycdashes.com for replacement at $60.00.

Also be sure to check the radiator fluid. Don't let it get rusty, and use toyota products.