Dome Light Bulb

Thanks. I looked at the pic for the bulb u suggested. The "pointed" ends look similar to mine, however the dimesions of the actual bulb are different. Mine is a single tube.

Thanks anyway,

b Blake

oh the link i posted is just an option if you wanted to convert to using led bulbs. the bulb you have is probably the stock 3175 halogen bulbs (30mm?) found in any auto parts store.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh! I was thinking about the wrong dome light then :|. What about the lightbulb that is in the same place as the controls for the moonroof? That one looks just like a regular lightbulb is there a led replacement for that?

• 2 months later...
i replaced my dome light bulb with this led 31mm 6-LED 3175 Festoon bulb (Xenon White).. fits perfectly (95-96ES not sure about other model years) with pure white light output as pictured.

khhoang, how is the LED bulb holding up after several months or so? Did you have to install a resistor, or is it just plug and play? I'm thinking of upgrading the dome light in my '01 ES from the wimpy yellow to a nice bright white :D

i replaced my dome light bulb with this led 31mm 6-LED 3175 Festoon bulb (Xenon White).. fits perfectly (95-96ES not sure about other model years) with pure white light output as pictured.

khhoang, how is the LED bulb holding up after several months or so? Did you have to install a resistor, or is it just plug and play? I'm thinking of upgrading the dome light in my '01 ES from the wimpy yellow to a nice bright white :D

HEY,

the leds are still going strong no problems at all no resistors required purely plug-n-play fits perfectly in 95ES housing (current direction dependant). it's definately an improvement over the stock yellowish filament bulb.. more pure xenon white as pictured in that auction. the plasma blue festoon led has that ricey blue glow so be aware. i'll try to take pics this weekend of my dome light housing showing the width spacing you will need and of course the light output..

Hey khhoang,

I actually already placed an order for 2 Xenon Super White Festoon dome bulbs from autolumination.com, which are priced $1.49 each. These will go to the dome and map lights on the ES.

31mmsw.jpg

I also ordered the same kind of bulbs, but for the door courtesy and trunk lights. This should make the inside of my car easy to see at nighttime, I can't wait for the bulbs to come in :)

I have the same bulbs from when i used to work for Ractive (toucan).They are actually the only good things they ever made and they light up 2-3 times moer than normal bulbs ,i love mine and added them on my civic my ES and LS map lights.

Worth the $3 a pair