Bulb Replacement

HI -

Does anyone have any recommendations as to replacing the ugly yellow bulbs for the front turn signals or even the day time running lights .? I just picked up a GS430.

Many thanks for any input. :geek:

Gambxt

if the bulb is a 1156, then go with the Philips SilverVision (via internet).

The appear silver and blend in with the reflcetor and housing, but they flash amber/orange.

I have an ES and the bulbs are 7440 wedges. Not available. :angry:

steveij

You can buy PIAA Xtreme White Plus Bulbs to replace headlight high beam from performanceproducts.com. I am not sure if they have the daytime running lights if not you can get those from Lextasy.com.

You can always go with Polarg wedge bulbs for the side markers and inner lights.. They have M6's and M7's I don't remember which one is what but one matches the factory hid's and the other matches 6000K hids.. They look really nice when all your lights matchup..

Here's a pic of my lights...

headlights.jpg

Hi,

I noticed on a few of your pics the daytime running lights look blue. Is that how they really look at night? What about day? Also, where can I get those lights. Any particular size ? :wacko: Sorry to sound so dingy, but I'm just learning about mods and the after-market. I'm a girl whose had Lexus do everything in the past.

Hi,

I noticed on a few of your pics the daytime running lights look blue. Is that how they really look at night? What about day? Also, where can I get those lights. Any particular size ? <!--emo&:wacko:-->wacko.gif<!--endemo--> Sorry to sound so dingy, but I'm just learning about mods and the after-market. I'm a girl whose had Lexus do everything in the past.

No problem, don't even sweat it.. :)

Okay, here's the run down on my lights.... In the pic above, the inner lights are blue (194).. And they are always blue as long as the light switch is turned on... :D Now for the DRL/ Highbeam (9005), they are somwwhat blue during the day and night for that matter, but they are only like that till I turn that light switch on.. Then you know what happens after I do that... My headlights are Philips 6000K HID's, fogs are Piaa Ion Yellow (9006) and the side markers are also Piaa Ion Yellow (194).. Oh and those blue lights you see in the inner lights they are Piaa Blue LED bulbs and the bulb size is 194, just incase you didn't know that the sizes of the bulbs are in the ((())))..... Hope this helps, and don't feel bad I also have Lexus do everything for me... :D ;)

:huh: Wow! Thanks so much! For the most part, I think I got it. The blue lights only come through as blue when the headlights are in the full "on" position. I'll keep all of the names, sizes, and numbers you gave me, so slowing but surely I can make my own clone of your classic GS :D - only kidding! Were thousands of miles apart so no one would ever know :lol: but not to far from home away from home for me - Providence Rhode Island.

Thanks again and take care. I love reading your stuff.....so much knowledge that's helpful to others, especially us Lexus Women :cheers:

Doreen

• 8 months later...

but those parking lights look very blue NEO,

in So Cali, the cops dont like that here, i have gotten pulled over for even having led washer lights, on the hood, so they are very Anal here about that, do they have hyper whites, and other colors

but those parking lights look very blue NEO,

in So Cali, the cops dont like that here, i have gotten pulled over for even having led washer lights, on the hood, so they are very Anal here about that, do they have hyper whites, and other colors

Huh? Did you get threads confused? ;)

MrSypher's lights are pretty blue. I think he is using Polarg M6s. These will fit the wedge bulb socket but they run at a higher wattage than stock. I run Polarg M4s. They are not as bright as the M6s (probably because they are only 5w vs the 18w of the M6s). They are, however, white and they match my 6000k HIDs (non-OEM) pretty well.

The PIAA LEDs come in Blue, Blue/White, and White. You can get them at Option Auto just do a search. They will fit your sidemarkers, front headlight (next to highbeam), and some rear lights.

The blue are technically illegal in CA, but I have run with the blue/white LEDs and although they still look pretty blue, I have never had a problem. I now have the white LEDs and they work great. I would just stay away from the cheap brands of bulbs as they tend to burn out very, very fast. I bought some cheap LEDs...you know the 6-LED 194 bulb (like the one the sell at Lextasy) and they started to burn out one LED at a time...very cheap stuff considering that LEDs should last a very long time...longer then you own the car. Then again, you will always get what you paid for.

kVA, you would think that lextasy is charging good prices for there products, that hey would last but i guess not,

im not putting down lextasy, but what you pay should be what you get. :unsure:

hey since there are a couple of us Californians here i was thinking of having a G2G some where, is anyone up for that, i posted in the main forum for G2G's but no one has replyed, so lets get the ball rolling

I have bought from Lextasy...not too many problems, but their prices are not the best. My opinion is that the LEDs they sell are very subpar...and yes, I have used theirs...I had good experience with Option Auto...at least I did not have any issues. For regular parts I would always look to Carson Toyota and if your from So. CA, look up TM Engineering as well...both give good prices.