Tube Steps On The Rx400h

Has anyone had the tube steps installed on their RX400h?

I have them and like them. While I'm 6'3" and don't need them, I frequently have elderly passengers with mobility/flexibility issues who are at least a foot shorter than I am. The side steps are the only easy way for them to climb in. Prior to having the steps installed, I had to carry a small step stool in the vehicle to assist them with getting in.

I also think they look quite good with 400h wheels and my silver exterior. They definitely give the RX a much sportier appearance.

Has anyone had the tube steps installed on their RX400h?

I have them and like them. While I'm 6'3" and don't need them, I frequently have elderly passengers with mobility/flexibility issues who are at least a foot shorter than I am. The side steps are the only easy way for them to climb in. Prior to having the steps installed, I had to carry a small step stool in the vehicle to assist them with getting in.

I also think they look quite good with 400h wheels and my silver exterior. They definitely give the RX a much sportier appearance.

Thanks, that's good news. Dealer is pretty sure they will fit.

My sale is contingent on removing my rear wag bar and tube steps and installing them on my new 400h.

Do yours look like the steps on my rx330?

Now that will weight them down by 100++ lbs and cut down the aerodynamics.

But i gues those are what you want to know for feedback of them?

As I recall those steps weigh about 25-30 lbs each.

Where did you get 100lbs from?

They are standard issue RX side tubes, I think. I can't see the ones on your 330, but the ones on my 400h kind of angle down towards the front and the back (in contrast to most trucks/suvs that have perfectly straight pipes). I strongly suspect they are the same for the 330 and 400h, but you'd have to ask your dealer.

They are standard issue RX side tubes, I think. I can't see the ones on your 330, but the ones on my 400h kind of angle down towards the front and the back (in contrast to most trucks/suvs that have perfectly straight pipes). I strongly suspect they are the same for the 330 and 400h, but you'd have to ask your dealer.

right click on my picture choose view , it's much larger

• 5 weeks later...

What was the installed cost ?? I think they really look good.

Thanks for replying. :rolleyes:

What was the installed cost ?? I think they really look good.

Thanks for replying. :rolleyes:

I don't have my receipt handy, but I think it was in the 700 dollar range. I saw them (or something very similar) on ebay for 450 or so, but I'd have to pay shipping and installation. Even at a higher price, I'd rather have the dealer do them; that way they're officially part of the car insurance-wise and I don't have to worry about !Removed! up my brand new vehicle with a bad DIY job.