Bad Experiences With Lexus

indiasfinest

i once went to go buy a car in 89' when lexus 1st came out...so i asked the salesman for a car pretty cheap...he flat out told me.."sir i dont think you can afford a lexus" that *BLEEP*ed me off...then when i went to go get my GX the salesmen talked 2 me like i couldn t afford that car...showed him..left the dealership and bought it from another lexus one..share some of your experiences..thanks

-j

I can understand, but its his loss. Do what my dad did, buy a car somewhere else, have a photo taken of you and the happy salesman who sold it to you, and send it to that salesman's general manager and say "Please tell John Doe I said thanks for turning my business away, I found a great salesman for life that I wouldn't have found had I not had the fortune to see his true colors"

If you buy another brand, send the company a letter with the same picture and add "and I also finally experienced the car marque that suits me, I'll never drive anything else"

He seriously got a salesman fired by doing that lol.

Okay okay, I'll tell the story. Back in 98 my dad had a 95 Cadillac STS and after almost buying a 98 STS to replace it he decided he wanted a BMW 740i instead to have something different (would be his first foreign luxury car ever). So he and I went to the dealership (man, I guess I was 17 or 18) and drove one, he loved it and we sat down with the salesman to hash out a deal. Now, my dad has been a salesman for almost 40 years now, and he's very very successful, top of his field, nationally recognized etc. He values salespeople and is comfortable giving up some money in a negotiation like that if he feels the salesman deserves it. If he doesn't then he will destroy them, we bought a car one time with the salesman screaming explicatives at us as we drove off the lot but he tried to ram us on the trade and ol' dad made him pay. He poured over the pariculars of a "beat any deal by $500" program and forced them to sell him a hot new model 95 Explorer at a loss.

So anyways, back to BMW. The guy had been okay not anything special so I knew dad was going to lean on him for the sale. So he said "Okay, lets talk about price. With the research I've done yadda yadda, I feel a fair price for this car would be $X" It was a fair price too, regional market value. The salesman threw down the paperwork and said "Look, if you can't afford the 740 we can look at a cheaper car". Well as you might imagine this didn't settle well with my dad and it was pay time. After reading the guy and his manager the riot act for 10 minutes about his background and financial resources, proper sales attitude and customer service, and how he took exception of being spoken to that way in front of his son he marched out to the showroom, got everyone's attention and told them exactly what that salesman had just said, in his fluent and embellished way and cleared the showroom. Almost every customer left and so did we.

Thats when we looked at the LS400 and he loved it, and appreciated the salesman's tact and demeanor and it was bought within 2 hours.

He did the letter and picture thing I suggested to you and recieved a letter from the owner of the BMW dealer stating the salesman had been terminated and the sales manager re-assigned and inviting him back for future business.

My dad was a 55 year old, white, well dressed businessman at the time too.

Some people are just *BLEEP*s, don't let them get away with treating you like dirt. Make them pay.