Gx 470 Problems Experienced

Allen Ayson

Hi All,

I am so frustrated with my GX...

Would you please let me know what you have expereience on problems with your GX. Below are many that I've encountered:

1) Outside Teperature Rating is inaccurate

2) Periodically one of my windows when rolling up automatically to close will retract back down halfway( Seems like that should only happen if there is an object that obstructs the window from closing) but this is not the case.

3) One of my doors when shutting needs a little more force to close. Usually it only takes a little force to shut the door.

4) One of my door handle needs more force to pull to open door

5) Parts of my leather seating has significant wrinkle

6) Only happened twice, moonroof has to open/close manually instead it should be automatic.

7) MPG is avg City / Hwy 13/15

Please share your problems with you GX and let me know if you encountered the same as my problems

Thanks

Al

just wondering

if you could be more specific on which doors and what do you mean by the leather wrinkling as it normally does?

also when you say close it manually do you mean you have to hold the button instead of just touching it?

also how old is you gx

To be a little more specific on my original complaints:

My GX is March 2003 model by the way...

1) Outside Teperature Rating indicator is inaccurate

2) Periodically one of my windows when rolling up automatically to close will retract back down halfway( Seems like that should only happen if there is an object that obstructs the window from closing) but this is not the case.

3) My driver and passenger side door when shutting needs a little more force to close. Usually it only takes a little force to shut the door.

4) My driver side door handle needs more force to pull to open door

5) Let me rephrase parts of my leather seating has a significant wrinkle, which it came as is. Also has a raised hump (mountain like ) meaning the application of the leather cover to seat perhaps was not fitted properly perhaps Anyone one of you take a close look at your leather, isn't their a significant wrinkled section ???

6) Only happened twice, moonroof has to open/close manually instead it should be automatic. I would have to hold my finger on the button, rather than just touching it...

7) MPG is avg City / Hwy 13/15

Anyone please respond to your problems experienced even in the future with your GX, regardless if it is little.

Thanks

Problems i've faced has been taken care of except i haven't taken my GX in yet for the latch on the door, the window that rolls back down automatically, the temperature indicator and to find out why my MPG is low.

My point is that i've been just running into one probblem after the other

Al

• 2 years later...
Problems i've faced has been taken care of except i haven't taken my  GX in yet for the latch on the door, the window that rolls back down automatically, the temperature indicator and to find out why my MPG is low.

My point is that i've been just running into one probblem after the other

Al

Don't mean to revive an old thread, but...

Allen, I am curious to know how the dealer addressed the handle and "closing effort" issues. I have similar issues on my '04, and although they don't bother me too much, I'd like to get them addressed if the fix is simple.

My truck is going into the dealer later this week, and I may consider mentioning this to them.

I know it's been 2 years... Sorry!

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

T

6) Only happened twice, moonroof has to open/close manually instead it should be automatic. I would have to hold my finger on the button, rather than just touching it...

Thanks

there is a way to fix that urself. just tilt the moonroof up, the hold the tilt button, until the moonroof closes (from tilt) half way, then it's back to normal.