Brake Pad Recommendations

branshew

Anyone have a recommendation for a low dust brake pad for a '93 LS400.

The last set of pads that I had put on my ES would squeal constantly and I want to avoid that problem this time.

OEM is the way to go. Buy them at a discount lexus dealer. :cheers:

branshew, i agree on the oem stuff. but last month I was in a pinch and had to get some semi-mettalic pads from autozone for the fronts. They were like $25 for the front set. I have no complaints at all with them. I think the guy who put them on however forgot to grease a couple areas as I now get the clunck noise from the pads when I go backwards, then forwards. The pads are shifting. There is a TSB about this, and I'm just gonna grease them myself in a few weeks. But, again, I used autozone semi-metalic and have no complaints whatsoever.

I figured OEM would be the way to go.  Will I need to/should I replace my wear indicator sensors as well?

You don't need to change the indicator sensors unless your brake wear light is on. I've had (and continue to have) great luck with OE pads. They're something like $50 at irontoad.com and be sure to lube up that shim on the back of the pad.