Sc300 Alternator Readings

I am getting a flicker in my headlights at idle, I also heve a "trac" light that comes on. I was wondering when I put a meter on the alt leads, what should I get at idle? I think it is going bad. Has anybody else had a headlight flicker problem?

They are not going out, just getting brighter...dimmer really fast, I dont notice it untill I pull into the garage and the headlights hit the wall.

Thanks for any input.

Common issue with any car ,

You either need new battery/power cables , a battery is a possibility or your alternator.

If you get anything less than 14vdc at idle when the engine is hot you are not getting full voltage.

Less than 12vdc then you definatly have a problem,.

I checked it,, getting 12.5 volts with engine off, 14.6 volts with engine on. It looks like the Alternator is working fine, ,,  all cables look new.  Could anything else cause the lights to flicker?

You can try revving the engine up to about 3k and see if the voltage goes up over 15 Volts. If so, you definitely have a bad voltage regulator in the alternator. Flickering is often a regulator problem, even if the "average" voltage is about 14 Volts.