99es300 Fuel Filter Replacement - Newb

hern

Hey guys,

I was told to go ahead and do air filter and fuel filter. I drive a 1999 ES300 w/ 86,000 miles on it so the 90k is quickly coming. I'm going to go buy an air filter and pop it in this weekend.

I was also told to do the fuel filter. Does anyone know how to do this? Is it something I myself could do or should I leave to the mechanic to do. What purpose does it serve??

Thank you

Herns

WHo told you to do it?

Search the words

fuel

and

filter

A local mechanic told me, and your search on this forum is not very good. I did as you said but mostly brings up air filters not fuel filter.

Does anyone else know why/when to perform this maintenance? More importantly how ;)

WHo told you to do it?

Search the words

fuel

and

filter

A local mechanic told me, and your search on this forum is not very good. I did as you said but mostly brings up air filters not fuel filter.

Does anyone else know why/when to perform this maintenance? More importantly how ;)

Anyone ?

The air filter should be replaced every 12-15k miles but it really depends on your driving conditions. You can easily replace the air filter and it only costs about $15. There has been a lot of debate with the topic of fuel filters. The manufacture suggests that the fuel filter in all Toyota's and Lexus are lifetime filters that need not be replaced unless your car is experiencing specific fuel issues. Some people replace them some dont. If your car is working fine just pop a bottle of SEAFOAM ($5 at Advance Auto) into your gas tank for regular maintance every 5k miles. I wouldn't worry too much about it.