New Options For The Gx470 For 2006?

rdalemercer

Has anyone heard what is being planned for the new 2006 GX470?

1. Lexus Link (Factory or Port installed option)?

2.?

3.?

i really don't know about Lexus Link. They discontinued that for the GX470s, for those built apr 03 and newer. my opinion, it'll stay the same and no new MAJOR options will be added. ;)

Lexus Link is gone until the national system switches from analog to digital by 2008, . I believe alot more of the 06's will have Kinetic Suspension, not just the sport pkg.. It really improves the overall drive on and off road.

the i-drive is an option that BMW has an audi has something similar it measures everything on your car....fuel mpg, air filers, next service , etc..it doesnt do n e thing 4 the nav but you can view it through the nav screen...it comes standard on the 545..which i was going 2 get but decided not 2...(cheap interior) look at my post in general discusions if u want more on my new car...id appreciate it...(still deciding and need help)

-j

the i-drive is an option that BMW has an audi has something similar it measures everything on your car....fuel mpg, air filers, next service , etc..it doesnt do n e thing 4 the nav but you can view it through the nav screen...it comes standard on the 545..which i was going 2 get but decided not 2...(cheap interior) look at my post in general discusions if u want more on my new car...id appreciate it...(still deciding and need help)

-j

The Infinity FX45's (and probably the FX35) has a very similar feature as well. It is kind of cool to be able to check, and actually monitor, your tire pressure (in PSI) while at 65. There are a lot more interesting options the vehicle computer allows through the Navigation console (and you can use it while driving). The 3D map view is another cool feature of their system. I looked at the FX's, but I did not like the silhouette very much. So I ended up with the GX. I like the GX, but I wish Lexus would be more assertive in the technology implementation. They have a far too conservative approach to the really cool toys. B)

i like the 3-d nav. maps...i wish lexus made things that appeal to u more...i love the benz...and infiniti maps since they r 3d....the m45 shows stars at night and shows building in 3d....lexus does monitor all the good stuff, tire pressure, next service but they do not make it abailable any time they just make it avainlible when it is crucial..exp: tire pressure is low...i hate it how the nav is pretty much disabled when in motion...i wish they has sensors on the steering wheel that can sense two hands on it while the passenger types it in..

-j

• 2 weeks later...
they mentioned new GPS but didnt show n e pics

Hi India,

This is straight out from the article, unless, I'm reading it wrong it's the same one as in the 2005 model... Now if only, if only they would introduce Dolby Digital and DTS (true surround sound) for our GX like in the new 2006 GS or Push button start... !!! :D

The available Lexus navigation system works well, particularly after it was upgraded for 2005 with improved graphics. An available rear backup camera displays a view of what's directly behind the vehicle on the navigation system's seven-inch LCD screen when reverse is engaged. That can help the driver avoid backing over obstacles, such as a tricycle left in the driveway. It helps greatly when parking in tight spaces. We recommend opting for it.

read the 1st line in the article again it says improved graphincs thats what i meant..maybe more FPS? (frames per second) so the nav doesnt lag when your making a u turn or a large turn but i would like to see diff. colors and visuals in the NAV..i am all up for push button start i wish we had that in the GX...my computer has DTS lol..i personally have the camera and it works quite well...thanks for replying..get back to me if you can..thanks,

-india-

• 5 months later...