Sc4 Or Sc3?

I've got an sc400 - and it's swift down the highway ... Going from 70 - 100mph is pretty quick (although I don't recommend doing this all day long - but once in a blue moon it happens and its a bit of a rush).

Also, I believe a key part of the sc400 speed on the highway is the low drag of 0.31 (with spoiler) which allows more of the engine HP to go towards velocity instead of pushing air out of the way ...(this is the same for the 300)

Anyways - I recommend the 400 however, I'll be honest - I've never been in a 300 - but you have to ask yourself , do you want a six cylinder or the big dog V8!

good luck

The 400 is NOT that fast. I have not been very impressed with mine. Even with 4 liters of displacement, the bottom end power is awful. I hear mileage is about the same on both, my 400 gets around 20 or so. The 300 has lots more options available in the power department, if you're looking for more. I've heard, however, that the 400's engine lasts a little longer. Mine has 285,000 on it.

As a sc300 owner, I recomend the 300 over the 400 because of the mpg, (mine is a stick, which means fun "take offs"), the speed difference is not major, the only place you will feel it is a pass on a highway, but if you know what you are doing, it can be accomplished with the 300 to some degree.

I have an SC300, and I would recommend both actually. My girlfriend wants to buy an SC, and I told her to get the 400, just so I can have both! :D My SC300 doesn't have the stock 2J anymore, but it had a 190,000 miles on it before it spun a bearing. From what I know about the SC400 (1UZ-FE) is that they come stock with powder packed rods and pistons, which are EXTREMELY strong for the power it comes with. We have a 1UZ-FE that we want to TT and stuff into a Celica, or MKII Supra. The block design is incredible, but so is the 2J. Honestly, I think it's a toss up.

What you should do is decide how much power you want. If you want 600 hp, go with the 300, if you want to stick around stock hp, I would go with a 400. Both have great exhaust notes, and I've been in a coule 400's that are pretty quick with minor bolt-ons. Once you decide what you want out of the car, just go out and look for both a 300 and 400. Then just buy the best deal you can find. That's probably the best way to go about it. Either way, you're going to have an incredible car that is well worth the money.