Brake Pad Wear Indicator Light

billy hoang

the brake pad wear indicator light is on .... but i dont want to take it to the dealer just to get it checked . i plan on just changing the rotors , pads and bleeding the lines on all four wheels . would that be enough ? i dont want to get too technical .

From my understanding once the light comes on, the wear indicator that trips the light has been ground down to open the wiring circuit. You will either have to replace the sensor or remove it from the pad, strip back the wires and wire them together to get the light to go off in which case there will be no warning next time. Good luck. Doug

Mine i son to. We recently did the brakes and notivced when we took the wheel off it was unplugged. We plugged it back in and that light was still on. When I did the tranny I noticed it had come unplugged again. I'll have to take the wheel off and plug it back in. Worst case like draider said I might just make it shut up : )

thanks

the brake pad wear indicator light is on .... but i dont want to take it to the dealer just to get it checked . i plan on just changing the rotors , pads and bleeding the lines on all four wheels . would that be enough ? i dont want to get too technical .

The rotor disk minimon limit is around 26mm on mine, if you off the wheel, you can check it, I see somewhere the original rotor disk will run very long time if you are not a sport car racer. just change the pad,sensor if it has been worn out, and bleeding the lines are fine.

you just need to change the brakes nothing else and strip the pad indicator lines,connect them and put some electrical tape around them or pay $85 everytime they snap which i think is unnecessary