Oil Leak Somewhere

hello im new although ive been reading through these forums a lot lately. anyway on my 93 es300 i have an oil leak somewhere because it seems that evertime i turn off the engine and exit out of the car it smells like burned oil somewhere.... also i can see wet things along side my engine. the problem is that no1 can figure out where its coming from. my mechanic says theres no leak at all. :blink: the leak might be slow but its definately there somwhere. anyway any suggestions? its just that i dont wanna through my money into something that working properly.....

anyway i do see that oil is seeping through here very unoticiable......but still its moist......

07-14-05_1554.jpg

btw im not at all mechanically savy........recomendations?

thanks

put some oil dye in there and let the car run for a little while then turn off the lights and inspect all parts ofthe engine carefully the dye glows in the dark so you should be able to see the leak if there is one by the way are you sure that you didnt spill any kind of fluids in there this would cause a smell until the heat from the engine burnt it completely off

hello im new although ive been reading through these forums a lot lately. anyway on my 93 es300 i have an oil leak somewhere because it seems that evertime i turn off the engine and exit out of the car it smells like burned oil somewhere.... also i can see wet things along side my engine. the problem is that no1 can figure out where its coming from. my mechanic says theres no leak at all.  :blink: the leak might be slow but its definately there somwhere. anyway any suggestions? its just that i dont wanna through my money into something that working properly.....

anyway i do see that oil is seeping through here very unoticiable......but still its moist......

07-14-05_1554.jpg

btw im not at all mechanically savy........recomendations?

thanks

I also have a '93 - and had the same condition that you describe. I cured mine by replacing the PCV valve, the rubber grommet that the valve plugs into (the old one was hard as a rock), and the rubber hose that connects the PCV to the intake. Very easy to do, lots of previous posts about this. I always replace the grommet and hose when I change the PCV - they are cheap and are prone to deterioration over time, if you don't change them and they leak then your new PCV can't do its job properly.

Once I replaced the grommet, PCV, and hose the oil smell went away completely. It took a week or two to completely disappear - but it's gone and hasn't returned.

Just one added note - go to a Toyota dealer and buy an OEM PCV valve, don't even bother with the cheap plastic ones you can get at auto parts stores. The cheap ones never seal properly, in my experience. They're just a waste of money. In this case you really do get what you pay for - IMHO.

tck...