Cell Phones Equal Car Crashes

CanadaCraig

Previous statement withdrawn... I don't want to push anyone's buttons.

But I do have to agree with SW here, as everyone should be allowed to state their own opinion, and if you don't care to discuss the topic anymore, that's fine. But you really shouldn't tell someone to stop discussing it just because you have decided to.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent thread, sorry I missed it to now. 91L3xus you are an excellent writer which make clear sense to me in all your posts. Then when I read you have AHDD I understood why. I have always had the same thing. I never was diagnosted since you were just called a screw-up when I was in school, but I know it.

I saw a test on TV to determine IF you are capable of driving and talking on the phone at the same time.

Put a movie on your DVD, watch the movie and talk to someone on the phone in a steady conversation. IF you can do both then you are okay to drive and talk. I sure can't

Denny

The best way to prevent accidents on the road that are caused by cell phones, is to decide whether or not you are "capable" of doing both at the same time. If you know you might have a problem with it, are very agrivated, or just cranky, then don't talk on the phone at the same time as driving. You have to make that decision on your own to protect yourself and others on the road.

I don't know ANYONE that is thinking clearley ALL THE TIME. We all have to make that decision before we do something that could hurt ourselves or others.

I saw a test on TV to determine IF you are capable of driving and talking on the phone at the same time.

Put a movie on your DVD, watch the movie and talk to someone on the phone in a steady conversation. IF you can do both then you are okay to drive and talk.  I sure can't

Denny

Out of curiosity who came up with this test?

Excellent thread, sorry I missed it to now. 91L3xus you are an excellent writer which make clear sense to me in all your posts. Then when I read you have AHDD I understood why. I have always had the same thing. I never was diagnosted since you were just called a screw-up when I was in school, but I know it.

Thanks, glad to know that I can connect to some one else on here rather other than the type of cars we drive. :)

I have to say the same thing about SW. He's obviously trained well in the field of brain versus machine versus government, especially with this whole thread about cell phones and accidents. He presents his information very straight foward, which comes from a high education and pure knowledge.

All I'm coming from is plain ole' experience. B)