My Floor Is Bleeding!

Hey guys,

I have 98 GS3, and I noticed the weiredest thing ever. There is a spot on the driver side floor carpet (the spot where you usually rest the bottom of your right foot when driving) that is always wet. At first I thought I forgot the window open and it rained or something and some water leaked in, but no. I dried that spot completely and after three days it wet itself again. I thought well maybe something behind the dashboard is leaking along the sidewalls and it collects at the bottom, but no again, that spot wets itself from within, all the sidewalls around it are dry. the funny thing is that the floor mat doesn't get wet, just the floor carpet underneath. the best i could come up with is maybe there is some sort of a line that carries some liquid that runs underneath the floor carpet, and for some reason that line leaks, but I can't figure it out without taking the carpet off. the liquid has kind of a reddish pink color. I can use any suggestions here, I don't think anybody has ever had that problem, but anything can help.

Cheers

the liquid has kind of a reddish pink color.

Reddish pink is the color of the factory original Toyota Long Life Antifreeze. So you might have a heater hose or heater core leak. Since the Toyota Long Life Antifreeze does a superbly good job of preventing cooling system corrosion, chances are high the leak is from a hose. If the heater core itself is leaking, then it would have to be from a crack in the metal rather than from corrosion.

The bad news is that it's possible you might be facing a large labor expense for a technician disasssemble the lower dash in order to gain access to the heater hoses and heater core. If the shop claims both the heater hose and heater core need to be replaced, I personally would insist on seeing the old, failed parts because after only 7 years the hoses and core should still pretty much look like new thanks to the quality of the Toyota Long Life Antifreeze.

I have no specific experience with your particular model Lexus so I suppose its also possible there might be another part or two inside the dash besides the heater hoses and heater core through which coolant circulates and where leakage could occur.

• 3 years later...
oh... who's been drinking smoothie in your car? or maybe itz kool-aid, you better taste the liquid to be sure, ahaha, just kidding :P

I agree with Turbo GS300 "evaporator drain line clogged, or case surrounding evaporator cracked" I hope it's just a clogged drain as the evap box being cracked is a very costly repair.

SIGH u would agree there! its not a freon leak here........the guy SPECIFICALLY says its a reddish pink color WHICH WILL NEVER BE A FREON ISSUE its a radiator,antifreeze,heater core, or a hose issue........

QUOTE(stupidog @ Jul 9 2005, 11:09 PM)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as monarch said...........

Reddish pink is the color of the factory original Toyota Long Life Antifreeze. So you might have a heater hose or heater core leak. Since the Toyota Long Life Antifreeze does a superbly good job of preventing cooling system corrosion, chances are high the leak is from a hose. If the heater core itself is leaking, then it would have to be from a crack in the metal rather than from corrosion.

The bad news is that it's possible you might be facing a large labor expense for a technician disasssemble the lower dash in order to gain access to the heater hoses and heater core. If the shop claims both the heater hose and heater core need to be replaced, I personally would insist on seeing the old, failed parts because after only 7 years the hoses and core should still pretty much look like new thanks to the quality of the Toyota Long Life Antifreeze.

I have no specific experience with your particular model Lexus so I suppose its also possible there might be another part or two inside the dash besides the heater hoses and heater core through which coolant circulates and where leakage could occur.

brian

SIGH u would agree there! its not a freon leak here........the guy SPECIFICALLY says its a reddish pink color WHICH WILL NEVER BE A FREON ISSUE its a radiator,antifreeze,heater core, or a hose issue........

QUOTE(stupidog @ Jul 9 2005, 11:09 PM)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as monarch said...........

brian

Awww! I missed that bit of important info myself, my mistake. Yes reddish pink is most likely the antifreeze.

Hey guys,

I have 98 GS3, and I noticed the weiredest thing ever. There is a spot on the driver side floor carpet (the spot where you usually rest the bottom of your right foot when driving) that is always wet. At first I thought I forgot the window open and it rained or something and some water leaked in, but no. I dried that spot completely and after three days it wet itself again. I thought well maybe something behind the dashboard is leaking along the sidewalls and it collects at the bottom, but no again, that spot wets itself from within, all the sidewalls around it are dry. the funny thing is that the floor mat doesn't get wet, just the floor carpet underneath. the best i could come up with is maybe there is some sort of a line that carries some liquid that runs underneath the floor carpet, and for some reason that line leaks, but I can't figure it out without taking the carpet off. the liquid has kind of a reddish pink color. I can use any suggestions here, I don't think anybody has ever had that problem, but anything can help.

Cheers

I had the same problem on my 06 GS300, Just got it back today from the dealership. The evaporator box had issues, replaced free of charged--Certified. Only got wet when air was on. Good luck

I had the same problem on my 06 GS300, Just got it back today from the dealership. The evaporator box had issues, replaced free of charged--Certified. Only got wet when air was on. Good luck

welcome to the club deb BUT u had a different problem! your evap box had issues........red fluid will NEVER be in the evap box! he has antifreze leaking in from someplace!

brian