Engine Coolant Light

I have a 1993 SC400 with about 67k and is very well maintained and serviced. I've noticed that my coolant light has been blinking on then off evry now and then. I checked the coolant resovour under the hood and its full. what does this mean

I have a 1993 SC400 with about 67k and is very well maintained and serviced. I've noticed that my coolant light has been blinking on then off evry now and then. I checked the coolant resovour under the hood and its full. what does this mean

?

A lot of people seem to be having coolant light problems lately.

When was the last time you had the coolant replaced? Any other items replaced lately? Any coolant drips on the floor in the morning?

i have the same problem. i know i have a small leak and i have to keep refilling my ac coolant every years. leak is to small to find though as per mechanic. plus cheaper to just refilling every year only costs me 100 bucks,

When was the last time you had the coolant replaced?  Any other items replaced lately?  Any coolant drips on the floor in the morning?

Had my radiator changed in sept '04 and i see no coolant leaks nor smell any coolant in the engine compartment. My coolant resevoiur is about an inch from being filled to the top. Does it need to reach the very top of the line?

When was the last time you had the coolant replaced?  Any other items replaced lately?  Any coolant drips on the floor in the morning?

Had my radiator changed in sept '04 and i see no coolant leaks nor smell any coolant in the engine compartment. My coolant resevoiur is about an inch from being filled to the top. Does it need to reach the very top of the line?

I know in my car when I had the wrong mixture in it, the coolant would boil out of the top and into the coolant resivour. When the car is cool check the radiator itself and make sure its full, if its not put a mixture of 50/50 coolant and water into it.

I know in my car when I had the wrong mixture in it, the coolant would boil out of the top and into the coolant resivour. When the car is cool check the radiator itself and make sure its full, if its not put a mixture of 50/50 coolant and water into it.

Alright, I'll try to fill it to the very top tomorrow. Thanx people.

I had this problem also in my 92. The coolant light came on and stayed on for a while(like 40 miles) then started turnin on for a few minutes then off...it has finally seemed to stay off for the most part but still comes on occasionally. I checked the coolant when it first came on and it was fuller than full. I recently changed struts and power steering rack....dunno what would cause the light to come on :(

Have you found the solution yet? I'm having the same problem.

Have you found the solution yet? I'm having the same problem.

no not yet, but i'm going to fill up the coolant next week to see if that solves the problem. I'll report back when its done and let you know.

First, get a new coolant cap. Second, you need to bleed any air out of the cooling system. Start the car, turn on the A/C with heat on high and let the car run for 10 minutes. Leave the cap off for this. Add coolant as needed until full. Check coolant level next morning and add if necessary.

First, get a new coolant cap. Second, you need to bleed any air out of the cooling system. Start the car, turn on the A/C with heat on high and let the car run for 10 minutes. Leave the cap off for this. Add coolant as needed until full. Check coolant level next morning and add if necessary.

That sounds great. I will do it tonight for sure. Also, Where and what coolant should I buy and do I have to mix it with water or do anything special.