Looking For A Rx300

silviaguy

Well I am doing a little research for my mother. She loves the RX300 and now really wants one. I was looking for a chart or something to tell me the diffrences from all the years this was out. Also can you guys/gals tell me what to look for when I go out? Any help would be great. Thank in Advance.

Ok I am blind and didn't see the search button :geek: . after doing the search I see I should look at getting a 2001+ RX300 I would still like to see if someone produce a chart of some sort that will show what changes where made from all the years.

There weren't many changes to the rx300. just cosmetic changes. The transmissions on the all wheel models (EVERY YEAR NOT JUST BEFORE 01) are bad. I would not suggest it. IMO the rx300 needed to be discontinued earlier.

1999- Rx300 was produced

2000- no changes except nicer spoiler available

2001- cosmetic changes to f + r lights + different steering wheel + int. chrome door handles

2002- no changes

2003- moonroof became STANDARD

If you do get an rx300 and price isn't an option, try to find a 2003 with less than 30,000 miles. Change the tranny fluid and baby it.

Thanks for the info. just found out my mom wants to be around $18,500 looks like the RX300 will still have to be a dream for her. I guess I shouldn't of gotten my toy and could of helped her out. :whistles:

let me think.

98-RX300 came out as a 99 model

99- none that i can think of

00- newer spoiler, fixed some electrical issues

01-new tail/front lights, VSC (not sure if the earlier RXs had this), avail Nav

02- none that i can think of

03- none that i can think of (aside from what Lexkid said)

now there's another thing that i know changed, but don't remember when and if they did the change. did they ever change the premium audio system to ML in the 01s-03s or did they keep it with Nakamichi??

Thanks for the info.  just found out my mom wants to be around $18,500 looks like the RX300 will still have to be a dream for her.  I guess I shouldn't of gotten my toy and could of helped her out.  :whistles:

In July of '03 I bought my '99 for $18,000. It had some miles (97k) but I have 155K now and no regrets!

Good Luck!